• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

govt liqidation is a mess

airtech

won a truck in july submitted my paperwork the next day had 1 revision and euc cleared 8- 28 I have called them and talked on live help at least 5 times trying to get invoiced tried to log on today and my account is suspended talked to live help and they want almost 500 bucks for a default fee .What a scam no emails faxes or phone calls returned i think i quit :(

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the club. The club's name is GLA - GL Anonymous.

"My name is Mike, and I'm a bid-aholic."

"Hi Mike."

mangus580

So let me get this straight.... you got your EUC approved 8-28, and no invoice yet? Today is 9-24. Almost a full month later.... and you are just now trying to resolve it?

airtech

read my post i have been trying to pay for it from the day i was cleared on my euc every time i contacted them the response was they are very busy proccessing trucks and eucs

dm22630

I would assume that they tried to charge your credit card on file upon EUC approval, you were declined (for whatever reason), and a "pay in 5 days or your in default" email was sent to you. My spam folder has grabbed those before & they are easy to overlook. If that is the case, I would call customer service and offer to pay in full over the phone. If that doesnt work, I am afraid that you only have 2 options.

#1 - Pay the default fee and get to bid in the future.

OR

#2 - Let your acct get canceled.

2cents

airtech

no emails were sent to me i have been checking like a kid on christmas that includes my spam folder and no my credit card was not declined it doesnt have any charges on it and i contacted the bank to see if anything was declined on it so no it was not my fault i simply have not been invoiced or contacted by gl i didnt even get an email stating i won

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the mods needs to move this or start another thread in the GL forum. Maybe Robyn can help. If this happened like you said it did this is a big screw up (which wouldn't surprise me with who you are dealing with).

Are you sure you accually won the item because you said you didn't get a e-mail saying you won. Or could it be that you have the wrong e-mail address listed on your GL account? I'd do alot more checking before I shelled out $500.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
westfolk said:
Well, FWIW......They just pulled a very similar matter on me. Not the same....but close. And yes, I can't even believe it....they suspended me. Now I'm not saying I am anybody....but most of everyone I deal with, I deal with on a first name basis. Because we talk so often. On Sale 3603 they screwed up...have the emails, etc. to verify. Long story short.....pay the default fee or take a hike. Not to mention don't get to keep a decent truck I got for a cheap bid.............life goes on.............................
Ok, this is getting crazy. Sound like if they sell a truck they think went too cheap, jack the buyer around untill it's past the payment date, collect $500, and resell the truck. They can't loose with this racket. They get to keep the truck plus a $500 bonus and all they have to do is nothing. That's easier and more profitable than bank robbery :x .

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am waiting on them to charge the fee for the M1031 in Sale 3577 That sale closed in August so perhaps they are waiting for the EUC to be approved as in days past and the charge will occur then. My M109 was charged immediately and the invoice dated shortly after sale closed. I always call my credit card company as well as email them with the GL charge that will be debited to the account and let them know it is an approved charge. That way I have those documents as proof if GL screws up. I have been told that the charges will be taken when the EUC is approved on that sale by the chat girls. I did get a you need to pay email on the M109 even after they has charged my credit card.

They do need to tighten up the ship.

airtech

i did win the truck in the auction and it was a winch truck for 1600 bucks i think if you get too good a deal they jerk you around and relist the truck to get more money,no way am i sending them 500 bucks so they can screw me again

ssgtwright-usmc

Now you all have me worried. I won an auction yesterday and paid for at almost the same time in full.
When I look at the invoice it states (Item not paid).
Im doing the EUC right now so do I also need to fax a copy of the invoice to them????

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
This GL section of the website really seems to be helping...quick problem resoloution, improved customer service....

I am impresssed!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I agree about online help. If you have been charged for the sale you should be good your invoice will not show paid until the EUC comes back from Battle Creek.

I email the chat record to my email so I have a record of the chat it helps also always save all the pictures from the sale as soon as you win it because they go away too quickly. I have found some of the chat ladies are better than others and have been able to get paperwork passed directly to Aaron when he never opened my emails.

I also got them to contact the site and give me more time to pick up since the paid in advance invoice date only gave me two days to pick up by the time my EUC came back.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They'll only collect the default fee if you don't contest it with your credit card company. It sounds like you have plenty of evidence, so I'd tell them to go pound sand. That's total BS.

After they close your account, have your wife/girlfriend/mother/father/son etc... open an account with a different credit card and keep on bidding. If it's not your wife, it does make it hard to get the title paperwork, but that's already hard, so what's the difference?

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Boy, I just read my own post (..have your wife/girlfriend/mother/father/son etc... open an account with a different credit card and keep on bidding.) and thought "That sounds like a drug addict!"

I guess Maddawg is right... GLA...

Macanie

I went through the exact same thing, called and talked to them many times explaining that I had been watching and watching, no e-mails of any kind. Ended up paying the #*!%@*!$ fee.

Rick

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you know anyone who is a lawyer, have them draft a letter threatening litigation IF you are in the "right." I was told to be thankful that I was not getting hit with a default fee BEFORE...that's right BEFORE...the 14-business-day deadline even came. The only reason I was delayed in getting my truck is because THEY TOLD ME THAT I COULD NOT REMOVE IT while they were assessing my claim. What BS! I should feel thankful that I am not receiving a penalty even though they force me to delay the removal of my vehicle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks