• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

govt liqidation is a mess

USMilitarySurplus

I'm here to answer general questions about utilizing the GL website. I've gone out of my way more than once to hunt down information and/or post info that I thought would be useful to SS members. And I've been happy to do so.

But if you need a resolution to an issue, please contact customer service. That's all.

mdd0127

Banned
Class Action time! This stuff really stinks. I'd love to bid but after all of the horror stories, I think I'll pass.

We need to organize a GL strike and constant internet/media bashing campaign to inform the public. Maybe they will see sales drop and shape up???

dm22630

mdd0127 said:
Class Action time! This stuff really stinks. I'd love to bid but after all of the horror stories, I think I'll pass.

We need to organize a GL strike and constant internet/media bashing campaign to inform the public. Maybe they will see sales drop and shape up???
The members of this site that purchase from GL are such a minority, it would have zero effect.

I think that with the new "pay when you win" policy, they will see $$$ go down.

And remember, with enough complaining, they will probably just switch all vehicle sales into scrap sales. 2cents

mangus580

USMilitarySurplus said:
I'm here to answer general questions about utilizing the GL website. I've gone out of my way more than once to hunt down information and/or post info that I thought would be useful to SS members. And I've been happy to do so.

But if you need a resolution to an issue, please contact customer service. That's all.
Guys, Robyn is right here. The purpose of her being here was for that. Not to answer specific customer service type questions.

Granted I agree, that CS is not much help!

Cut Robyn a little slack, she is doing what is in HER power.

WildSide

Macanie said:
I went through the exact same thing, called and talked to them many times explaining that I had been watching and watching, no e-mails of any kind. Ended up paying the #*!%@*!$ fee.

Rick
Me too. And I even had someone go pick up a trailer that they claimed they considered abandoned. No email, no contact letting me know that was at risk. My truck, the invoice got lost, paid in full no invoice multiple emails to GL no response, next thing I know I get an email threatening abandonment. Still no invoice. Had it picked up the next Monday after the GL site guy sent my invoice to me. Crazy.

beaubeau

dm22630 hit the Nail on the head!! Notice that if U buy ONE item OR 100 items, it takes the same EUC and same amount of time. So why should GL even bother with the little guy, except that the Little guy will pay more for an Item than a Dealer, or Scrapper, or Exporter who buys in Quantities. We individuals are a Pain in The Donkey for GL Reps.
What we need to do as a GROUP of Collectors, is to form a COOP and buy by Bulk as a Group. Then this could end up to be as Crooked as our Government!!?? We cannot win, Alone. All the problems are Legit, but cannot be resolved by GL. I have bought my last Item, unless it does not need an EUC.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
dm22630 said:
mdd0127 said:

The members of this site that purchase from GL are such a minority, it would have zero effect.

I think that with the new "pay when you win" policy, they will see $$$ go down.

And remember, with enough complaining, they will probably just switch all vehicle sales into scrap sales. 2cents
And if GL thinks it didn't go for enough, they "don't get your payment", or "they never got your paperwork", you default, pay a fine, lose the item, and then it goes back up for bid....

Sweet Deal!!!

TAWL_BOY

I just got on GL for the first time this last month. I won a lot of 8 bolt Humvee wheels and tires and a CJ10-A. Every time I sent something in. They waited 4 days before even letting me know I needed revisions.
Then I sent in both EUCs at the same time so I sent one copy of my driver's license and one Export letter. Apparently I needed to fax each of those pages twice.
Every phone call was about a 40 min wait before I spoke to someone. Finally one of the girls I spoke to told me to use the online chat thingy.
I had to send several things 3 times because they would say they didn't get it.

I won my auctions for good deals and they seemed like they were trying to make me loose my stuff. I was unaware they would charge me instantly and I would have to wait a long time to get what I won. I guess it's my fault for not reading all the fine print, but I thought I would be able to get my stuff shortly after the paperwork was sent in. I'm about to start a new job and it's gonna suck to ask my boss for a vacation day after working there 3 or 4 weeks.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
If I were your new boss, I'd certainly give you time off for something like a deuce or even a CUCV, but a plain old CJ? :?

(Just kidding! ;) Welcome to the forum!)

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won a truck and sent in the EUC. I forgot to sign and date it... :oops: I emailed them after a week... Nothing. I emailed a couple days later... Nothing. A few days later I did a live chat and found out who was handling it and I emailed them directly and was also told Customer Service would make sure they got something to me. I also faxed the same paperwork again (and again did not realize I had not signed it :oops:) to Customer Service at that point. NOTHING. A few days later, I emailed the EUC handler a second time and got the following back:

I am in receipt of your EUC form for the aforementioned sale. However, we are requesting additional information.

Page 2, please sign and date EUC.

Please include on your fax cover sheet "EUC REVISIONS - ATTN: XXXXXXXXXXX

Keep in mind that the bid closing date for this sale was 08/07/2008 at 5 PM EST. The EUC deadline is 08/27/2008. If a DRMS-acceptable EUC form has not been received by then, your account may be placed on hold until a 25% default fee or $30.00, whichever is greater, has been paid.

Thank you in advance!!
I received this on 8/25. I made 4 attempts to find out what was going on and it took them until 2 days before the"deadline" to let me know I forgot to sign it!?!?!?

I admit, it was my own stupid fault, but it was an honest mistake. I simply forgot. They sure didn't hesitate to threaten me with suspension and bogus charges, even though I had been badgering them for almost a month to tell me why it was not approved yet.

Now THAT'S Customer Service!!!

Michael

And everything is still selling for a good price. They could probably up the buyers fee and the default fee to 100% and we would still keep on bidding.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've found it best to call after you fax,e-mail, or mail something to them on everything you send them to make sure they've got it. Don't wait on them to contact you about a problem or it could be too late.

Everything I've won that required a EUC when they send me the EUC request they tell you who will be handling the account with a phone number and e-mail address for that person. I've found it best to call that person directly to cut down on hold times and for up to date info on your account. Most have been very helpful (as far as GL goes :wink: ) when you deal with them directly.

Lonesome715

Well, now. I see I am not the only one who had issues with thier purchases. My wife handled the purchases of our tuggers and she was ready to let them and the money we spent on them go. I to think there is some underline cause for this crap. I know governement agencies are far from smooth running, but come on. No agency is that screwed up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks