• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not my max bid!!!!!!!

Engine5

Ok I got one for you all, maybe someone can answer for me. I was just in the auction in NJ. Event #3627 lot # 3404 for a deuce. My max bid was $1750.00, At the end of the auction "somehow" my max was increased,not by me, to $2220.00. Last week I won 2 M105 trailers for more than my max bid. I took the hit, thought it was a mistake I made. This time I printed everything out as I went. Now what would have happened if I "won" this deuce?

dm22630

You get an email confirmation each time you bid. Look there. If you dont have one & they cant prove they sent it....you may have a valid argument.

Did you bid $2200 or more on anything else? If I try to bid from the main watchlist page, it ALWAYS screws up and tries to place a bid on something other than what I want. I only bid on a specific auction page only.

2cents

Engine5

Ok, so I talked to "customer service" after a 20 min wait on the phone, I told the woman what happened and I asked her if I would have been responsible for the cost and she said "yes I would regardless of the mistake". Offered no explanation but said I should take it up with senior management. And refused to take my information. Now how's that for a buisness practice. "We will stick it to you and make you pay for the sticking" should be their company creed.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Change your password. Have GL check your logins to see if someone else was bidding. Although, that would have been sent in an email confirmation as well. I've NEVER heard of this in about 7 years of bidding.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Doesn't matter, you are in the wrong, either default, pay your "fine" , or bow down to the GL gods.....

remember to "firmly grasp your ankles"........

But I'm sure if you contact "senior management" you will be able to easily resolve this issue......

BTW, how exactly, does one contact "senior management?"

Engine5

No, I did not win it. It sold for a lot more than I beleive it was worth almost $3000.00. It was just that my max bid was increased by someone, not me. If I had won it then thier would be a problem. Its the fact that somehow someone increased my max bid in the hopes of getting more money, whether by sale or default. Sounds like a new scam to me. I have the phone # for the parent company, got it from the website.I plan to call today to find out how this could have happened,

airtech

anyone have any secret phone numbers to management ,someone with authority, maybe a home number i can call because the email management , calling, emailing, live chat does not work it would only take 30 seconds to look at my high bid amount, punch in the credit card # and send me over a paid invoice,i could pick up the same day there is absolutly no excuse to jerk people around like this I have now contacted gl 12 times without a answer

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
airtech said:
anyone have any secret phone numbers to management ,someone with authority, maybe a home number i can call because the email management , calling, emailing, live chat does not work it would only take 30 seconds to look at my high bid amount, punch in the credit card # and send me over a paid invoice,i could pick up the same day there is absolutly no excuse to jerk people around like this I have now contacted gl 12 times without a answer
You either need to know the secret handshake, or have the mark of the chosen ones, then and only then will you be permitted to speak with the Elders of the tribe.....

Seriously though, the only route is the babble: "Email Management" then wait, and wait, and..........oops, almost forgot, you can also call the "customer service" number.....

USMilitarySurplus

I'm wondering, Engine5, if you used the autobid feature. That would up your bid automatically. But you're doing the right thing by contacting customer service.

And I'll state this yet again: GL has been audited several times, so to suggest there are scams or shill bidding or aliens running up the bids is ridiculous.

dm22630

USMilitarySurplus said:
And I'll state this yet again: GL has been audited several times, so to suggest there are scams or shill bidding or aliens running up the bids is ridiculous.
I will have to agree on this one.

It would make ZERO sense for GL to risk losing their DRMO contract & open themselves up to class action lawsuits, just to they can bump a bid up (in this case by $500!......which the extra profit that they would realize would be a $50 increased buyers premium).

I am not saying that you INTENTIONALLY bid $2200. BUT....by your own admission, the same thing has already happened to you. I think either YOUR computer screwed up or you bid on the wrong lot#.

Look at it from GL's point of view.....You bid, You won, You realize that you paid too much & now you are blaming it on "THEM". Come on....read between the lines here....

2cents

Engine5

Ok, this is the update on GL-gate. Not only did my max bid increase without my knowledge( i printed it out DM),but after it went over $500 of my max bid, my bid went to an auction in PA. An auction that I "won" on a truck I never bid on. When I bid I bid by state not by item. NJ is closer to me then PA, so transpo is not an extra, it is a cost. The truck I bid on was in NJ, not PA as my print outs prove. The truck itself is not a bad deal, the truck I "won" in PA, its just not the truck or state that I bid on. Infact according to my print outs, GL has me bidding in 2 different auctions at the same time. My calls today and my email went unanswered go figure. DM22360 I am not saying "aliens" bid on my behalf, what I am saying is that GL manipulates bids for their benefit. It's not that hard to follow along here .If I decide to eat it and buy it they win, if I say to heck with it then I hav eto pay a 25% "fine". Either way they win , on a truck I did not bid on. If my account gets charged for the full amount then I have no choice but to take the truck and deal with GL after the fact. I am not into conspiracy theories here, what I am doing is trying to let guys know about my recent expeirience so others can watch their back's and bids. I was recently given good advice about GL by a friend and I wish I listened.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I never say something is impossible, so I will say it is *possible*, but I would also say that is is more than likely an error due to some obscure software bug or accidental keystroke, and not a shill/scam.

Why would GL target YOU for this scam for a couple hundred bucks when they could do it on a much larger and more lucrative scale with other sales? The risk? Why bother to do it for small money at all? Truck sales are small potatoes in the grand scheme of surplus sales.

Typically, people theorize about the "shill" bidders because they got outbid on a truck they thought they should have won. I can think of at least 3 or 4 bidder numbers who have been the "shill" over the years. And amazingly, they are still bidding and winning trucks that never show up again!

I sincerely hope you get this worked out in your favor, but I'm sure GL thinks you are spinning a tale as much as you think they're screwing you.

dm22630

Engine5 said:
DM22360 I am not saying "aliens" bid on my behalf, what I am saying is that GL manipulates bids for their benefit.
Engine5.....PLEASE dont think that I am accusing you of anything. From my own experience, GL DOES PLACE INCORRECT BIDS, but it has only happened to me when I bid from the bidlist/watchlist page. If you enter a bid on THAT page, you better double check what you are bidding on! The computer seems to pull (at random) a lot # & if you arent careful you will bid on the wrong thing.

In order to bid correctly, you MUST bid from a specific lot's page only (where you can bid at the bottom). This is the only effective way I have found.

That being said, IF gl really wanted to make extra $$.......all they would need to do is auto-run up bids to $100 BELOW your max bid! That way, you would win the item for LESS than your max bid & you would never suspect anything. 2cents

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
dm22630 said:
That being said, IF gl really wanted to make extra $$.......all they would need to do is auto-run up bids to $100 BELOW your max bid! That way, you would win the item for LESS than your max bid & you would never suspect anything. 2cents
Nope that would never ever ever happen......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks