• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not my max bid!!!!!!!

Engine5

Ok, now all that aside, if I refuse the truck do es GL charge my account for the full prcie, or 25%. Like I said for the price it's not a bad truck,. I just wish I had more time I would have tried to arrange an inspection with one of the guys in the area. If they are going to charge my account for the full amount then I will take one for the team. Kinda like a blind date, your hoping for a hotty but if you stuck with an ok looking date but she has a winch, well its not too bad to take. Then it's all the same ... now how do I get her to go home with me. :lol:

scooter01922

What location is it at in PA?? its not THAT far...right?? If its not a bad deal i would say to look into transport options before you decide to default and cough up the 25%. The difference between the 25% and transport cost might not be so big.

Engine5

Transport is around $1400, the 25% = $425.00, The location is FT Indiantown gap PA. About 520 miles. Not that bad, if I had a class A I would find a 1ton and trailer and drive it back ,but all I have is a class B. Ans I am not sure if that will cover me or not. I am looking at all possible options.

dm22630

Engine5 said:
Transport is around $1400, the 25% = $425.00, The location is FT Indiantown gap PA. About 520 miles. Not that bad, if I had a class A I would find a 1ton and trailer and drive it back ,but all I have is a class B. Ans I am not sure if that will cover me or not. I am looking at all possible options.
Why dont you drive out here & then drive it back?

Ask and see if anyone is close to that base & maybe they will do an inspection for you to let you know if it is roadworthy/running condition?

I am going to NY from VA twice in the next month! It is over 450 miles one way, so it can be done ;)

Engine5

That is a good idea. But 1 problem with that is Mass does not issue temporary plates. I tried getting "repair tags" from a guy I know but the guy said the truck is over the weight for the tag. But I will see if anyone in the area can go check it out for me.

scooter01922

355 miles isn't so bad, be a hell of a lot less costly than the 1400 you estimated for shipping. You really think it wuld be that much?? You shouldn't need a class A to be able to tow it anyway. truck is say 14 K with the winch add 3 K for a heavy trailer and that still leaves you 9K for the tow vehical and your still under the 26 K limit. Not that i'm saying that towing a deuce that far with just a pickup is the best move in the world but you could do it.

Engine5

It does matter in Mass, Mass is the only state that I know of that does not recognize any temp tags. Mass wants their money, regardless. Most of the guys at my station are truck drivers and they get me the info. It is different here in the Peoples Republic of Massachusettes. You get charged for everything, and if you think you got away with something they tax you on the smile thats on your face when you realize it. But I would take the chance with an out of state temp tag, because I have a few friends on MSP who would help me out if I had a problem. But to tow it would be less stressfull.

scooter01922

grab the nearest guy with a deuce and a towbar and go fetch. If my truck were all legal, and it should be ASAP and you could borrow a towbar i would be there. Believe me i know all too well the Mass way of taking care of its residents, why do you think mine is being reg in maine and insured as such

Michael

If you could prove that the bid was made in error you used to be able to get the sale canceled without paying the default fee. I don't know if the people here aren't trying hard enough or if GL has started playing hard ball. I am sure they will take it if you don't try to make your case.

Michael

I don't know, it has never gone that far with me. They probably have already charged you with the total amount by now according to the new terms.

Engine5

Thats ok, the paper work is on the way, and I have made arrangments with an SS member from the northern frontier and He and I will be picking it as soon as EUC clears. And another member is going to do a check out for me. Man I love this forum. I looked at the picture too long, now I want it. Now the question is, who won? I get the truck, they get the money and I can bid again later. If the wife allows me. I told her were gonna have his and hers deuce's. She mumbled something about a new rug or something I couldnt understand...........

Last edited:

Michael

You are happy today, but what are you going to do when you "bid" $20,000.00 on something in CA? Not everything sold on GL is as cheep as M35s. If you really aren't placing these bids you better find out what is wrong. I would at least change my password.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks