• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NEW GUY from Washington

rattlecan6104

Hello everyone, I am Mike from Washington, I am 23 and an active NAVY servicemember. I am stationed on NAS Whidbey Island. I have always been wanting an m35 and if all goes well I will be purchasing one in the next week. Its a privelage and honor to join steel soldiers and hope to enjoy (off)road trips with you guys in the future.

AaronW

Welcome to SS. There seems to be quite a few of us here from WA lately. Thank you for your service! Remember to take lots of pictures when you get your truck!

Alex400

rattlecan6104 said:
Hello everyone, I am Mike from Washington, I am 23 and an active NAVY servicemember. I am stationed on NAS Whidbey Island. I have always been wanting an m35 and if all goes well I will be purchasing one in the next week. Its a privelage and honor to join steel soldiers and hope to enjoy (off)road trips with you guys in the future.
Where are you getting your deuce? Are you getting at a GL or private seller?

rattlecan6104

RE: Re: NEW GUY from Washington

i'm buying from a private seller, there are none available on GL in the area, Wife says I need to sell my 4x4 chevy before I can buy it (also need the money from selling it to buy the deuce) I am going to look at it sunday afternoon. It runs, has the booms and canvas cover, has a winch, and everything supposedly works great. Im hoping for the best. Funny thing though, when I joined the NAVY I thought at some point I would get to drive a deuce and shoot an m-16. 5 years in, and I had to buy an ar-15 to get to shoot one, and now I am buying the m35 so I get the experience to drive it. (Always wanted one anyway) :driver:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: NEW GUY from Washington

I've seen the same posting. Mike, if you want a second set of eyes to look it over, let me know.

IRWFO

Hey Mike. I just got back from Seattle last night. I was in north WA all last week and there sure were a lot of you Navy guys around. I think the Lincoln is in port.

rattlecan6104

yeah, I am after the winch truck, I just looked at them today, it isnt the prettiest, but it runs like a dream, its actually quieter and a better ride than my 4x4 chevy.

Alex400

rattlecan6104 said:
the deuce I am considering, it has a canvas cover, but it isn't attached. It doesnt have a full set of troop seats either.
That's a nice truck. How did the other ones look? That guy has been re-posting that since the beginning of the summer, and only 1 has disappeared so I am hoping that a couple stick around for a while.

rattlecan6104

he bought a lot of 14, kept one for himself, and is now down to 5. That one is the only one with a winch, one has paint that looks a lot nicer and has good canvas on it, and the others looked about like this one, for the most part this one is the one in the most need of cosmetic help. I didnt go too in depth on the others mainly because I need one with a winch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks