• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin 2009: SS 10th Anniversary Rally June 10-14

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey All!
I have been dreaming of doing a 10th Anniversary Rally or convention for a long time. Next year is the big 10 for SS. The first Haspin Rally was our first real SS rally so it has a special place in my heart. I was thinking of combining the Haspin Rally with the SS 10th Anniversary extravaganza. What do you guys think?

I was looking at spots on the east coast since we have so many members over here, but there are a bunch in OH, MI, IN, MO, TN, etc.... too so I figured this would be a little more central location.

I have been envisioning the usual Haspin camping and off-roading, plus some drag racing, tug-o-war, show-n-shine, and a some vendors. I would like to make it a 4-5 day even so everyone could have a chance to come that wanted to and it makes it more worthwhile for folks with a long drive.

I would like to pick a date that will have good weather, but also one that won't compete with other major shows like Aberdeen.

So, would you guys be willing to make the drive to Haspin? Any thoughts on dates? What type of events would you like to see there? Thanks for your feedback!

Last edited by a moderator:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Count me in Boss! I will do whatever I can to help you out. I just got a kitchen tent from Joe Trapp(thanks Joe) so we can have some extra shelter for the rally.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I've made every haspin so far, and will make it to all of them in the future. Organize away, and I'll plan vacation for whatever date is decided on. I'm sure some of the regular haspin folks can chime in with some ideas. Glad to hear your making it back, we've missed ya!

Flea

I'm planning on finishing my camper specifically in preparation for Haspin '09. In that event, I will have a functioning refrigerator, 4-burner stove and gas oven to help with the cooking. Also, a good buddy of mine is wanting to ride shotgun for the week.

So unless this thing turns out to be stuffed with asbestos or burns to the ground, I'll be there and I'd be glad to help any way I can.

jw4x4

I will be there. It sure would be great for someone to come up with a t-shirt or two. Being a 10th anniversary, they would be highly desireable. [thumbzup]

jw4x4

Kenny- I think my toy hauler will be there. Won't take much arm twisting to get Mikey to attend. He really enjoyed this year's Georgia Rally.

N1265

Sounds good, I have never been to one but if it is going to be a decent size event maybe I will make the trip this time.... Have you ever invited other MV groups to attend at Haspin like the Ohio motor pool ?

Just wondering how big of an event this will be ?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a pic from 06, about 12 trucks in the pic, not counting MV's used for camping. Probably 20 people. Others come and go, with Saturday the busiest. I think this was the busiest year, 05 was the first year, about 8 trucks. 07 and 08 were pretty good.

Now SS Chris sounds like he's looking for a bigger crowd, and longer event, which sounds great to me. I can tell you by the response here already, it's going to be a decent turnout.

I know the M715 Zone is invited each time. Don't know if the ohio motorpool knows about it.

Dennis

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No dates yet, Greg. I'll start posting some options soon. There will definitely be t-shirts and other paraphernalia. I hoping for a very large crowd this year. If it's big enough, then I may have to work with the Haspin folks to rent the whole park out for a few days. It would have to be huge for that, but we've got 7-8 months to hype it up.

Here are some pics from the 1st Annual Rally in 2005.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks