• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member and new trucks in Ky

dcthom3

Well, just figured I'd introduce myself. I'm Drew in central Ky. My brother and I recently threw the dice on two m35a2's in Frankfort. So I plan on using this site a lot and have gathered a lot of info from here in the past weeks. here are the trucks...
truck 1
tr11.jpgtr12.jpg
tr13.jpgtr14.jpg

truck 2
tr21.jpgtr22.jpgtr23.jpg
tr24.jpgtr26.jpg

Also, has a clue as to whether the engines are d or c model i would appreciate it. I also think they have air shifters but am not sure.

dittle

What's the deal with the cover in picture #4 that has the 15W40 on it. I've seen it on some engines and not on others? Nice trucks by the way.

jimm1009

15w40

They are starting to use 15W40 oil in the engines now days. This is simply a reminder to the driver to service it with the correct grade.

Shell's Rotella or Rotella-T are very good choicex but the price is starting to climb pretty high too.

I buy mine from NAPA is 5 gallon pails so the price drops to about $9.50 per gallon.

Jim

PS: They (NAPA) also have a good GL-5 for yellow metal too.

dittle

They're putting an entire shield on the engine just as a reminder to use the correct oil weight????? Sounds like something the gov't would do but am still having a hard time believing that is its only purpose. Thanks for the info.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They're putting an entire shield on the engine just as a reminder to use the correct oil weight????? Sounds like something the gov't would do but am still having a hard time believing that is its only purpose. Thanks for the info.

That "shield" is the cover over the Manifold Flame heater unit. There are a couple different manifold heater setups.

JohnnyReb

Welcome to the site. How are you and your brother to decide who gets which truck?:-D

I bought 2 trucks with my nephew.... one truck was very low miles and nice paint...
we had to flip a coin...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks