• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Draper City, Utah Recovery Assistance Needed

Jinx

Just bought a truck pretty much blind. It's located at the USPFO in Draper City South, Utah. Anyone else buy a truck there or live nearby? I'd like someone to eye it and check the brakes and make sure it starts. I would LOVE to do a road trip in it and drive it home. (about 850 miles)

Another option is if someone can recommend a local truck mechanic in Draper City South. I could have it towed there for a thorough inspection. The GL ad says it starts and runs. How well it runs and whether it stops is anyone's guess. ;)

If all else fails I'll have it shipped. Is there anyone that wants to make some money shipping a deuce from Utah to western Washington state?

Event# 4090
Truck# 8796
2320 - Trucks & Truck Tractors, Wheeled at Government Liquidation

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

lmj301

well i am in Vernal UT (about 3.5 hours west of salt lake). I may be going to Salt Lake within the next week. I would be very happy to drool,....i mean check it out for you. If i could find a way to get my jeep in and out of the back i'll drive it to WA for you,....or better yet if i can get my motorcylce in the back,hmmmm i can make ramps i guess. i would have to get permission from the boss....

Jinx

I was kind of hoping to find someone that could haul it or tow it to Washington. I don't want to get someone stuck on the side of the road with a dead truck.

It would be great if you could check it over. I'm dying to know what kind of condition it's in. Check if it starts and whether the brakes work or not. (Hoping they do.)

Thanks much!

lmj301

has your euc cleared? i noticed that the preview was on one specific day and time, how are the arangements with the "base" made to pick it up. I understand about towing/hauling it home. In a worse case senario i can drive it to my house until you make arrangements:twisted:. I am very good with tools, and am a cdl holder, i know nothing about mvs, but i am pretty sure i can tell if it is road worthy. anyway a 3.5 hour drive is a decent test?!! I am not sure about moving it without plates though. some fatugues may go a long way. i will contact my old cdl instructor and see what i can find about borowing a truck and flatbed. I am out of work right now so i have time.

wsucougarx

Congratulations JINX, you got your truck. What did those trucks go for anyways? I was looking at bidding on one but forgot. You know, if I were you, I'd just try and drive one home. Your truck is a depot rebuild w/pretty low miles. I myself wouldn't hesistate to drive that truck home provided maintenance is as good as the truck looks. I mean you've got the creature comforts as good as a deuce can get..hardtop, heater, and springer seat. A couple ten hour days driving and you'll be home. or do a straight 20 and you'll be home

Jinx

I payed $2400 for mine. There was a last minute battle on the truck, so it may have payed a little too much, but I'm happy with the purchase. :) A couple other trucks went for right around $2000, a non-running one went for $1700 and the best one IMO went for $3300. It had a winch, turret top, etc.

I REALLY want to drive it home. Stilll waiting for my paperwork to clear though, so time will tell.

wsucougarx

Yah, the way it's been going should be done pretty quickly. Is this your first EUC? If so don't expect it to be done right away. My first EUC took me 22 days total. If it's not your first then expect 3-7 working days. If you really want to drive it home then do it. The worst case scenario is you'd have to have it shipped or towed but since you were already pondering that idea then you can only gain. Don't look at it as a 900 mile recovery. Just take it one day at a time and plan rest breaks every 400-500 miles to break it up. If you end up towing it then you'll just be that much closer. I'm sure there are plenty of SS in here who would be willing to tow your truck to their home so you can make arrangements. Seriously though, it looks like you have an outstanding truck. Just do all maintenance checks and don't exceed 2200 RPM's and you will be good to go. Plus if you drive it home then you will get to know your truck and all the little noises it likes to make. Good time to bond with your truck (my goodness, did I really just say that...OD Fever has got the best of me :roll:. Just use other SS's experiences and adventures as your inspiration. At least you're not driving to Alabama....I think that would be the ulitmate adventure however

baxter

I live about 10 min away in riverton and would be happy to go and check it out for you and help in anyway I can just let me know.

Vaughn

Jinx

Wsucougarx, 22 days for the EUC to clear? Ouch!

Here's a question. GL's site says the truck must be moved within 14 days of the close of the auction or pay a high cost storage fee. Does this mean I will have to pay the storage fees because they haven't cleared my EUC yet?

Should I call the site manager for an extension? If anyone knows, please chime in. I'm a noob at this.

wsucougarx

"Load by appointment only within 14 days of a paid in full invoice" It only becomes PAID IN FULL once all your paperwork goes through and you are approved.

Jinx

So paid in full is not when I paid for it, but when everything has cleared and it's ready for pickup.

That's a HUGE relief. I was starting to panic. lol

wsucougarx

I've picked up 3 deuces and 2 trailers from GL. My last truck was on the lot for 4 weeks after I got the PAID IN FULL invoice. No storage fees were paid, in fact not even mentioned. Not sure exactly how stringent those GL guys are in Utah but always good to call to keep good relations. Don't call them until you yourself get notified by GL via e-mail that your PAID IN FULL Invoice is ready to be downloaded. You can check your EUC status under your GL profile on their website. Once you get notified of your PAID IN FULL invoice, the boys at the GL branch get notified too. That would be the time to call them to let them know what your intentions are and to set up your pick up appt. FT Lewis does not require an appt to pickup but they may in Utah. GL realizes that there may be transportation needs and what not, they'll work with you.

wsucougarx

Yah it's funny. You pay for the item in full, then they submit your paperwork for approval to see if you can buy the item. Then once approved, your invoice status changes to PAID IN FULL, even though it is already essentially paid in full....:|

wsucougarx

Typically this is what happens
-You submit your paperwork via e-mail attachments to GL
-GL checks it for errors and correctness-if there are errors it takes them 3-5 days to let you know what you need to do
-GL then forwards your error-free paperwork to Battlecreek (aka DRMO)-typically after 7 days
-DRMO checks it (this is where it sits if it's your first EUC)-typically 3-whatever days
-DRMO approves and lets GL know
-GL then e-mails you to inform you your PAID IN FULL invoice is ready to be downloaded
-Call GL place to set up appt for pickup
-Bring and extra copy of PAID IN FULL invoice, current driver's license, proof of insurance, current tabs on car, tools to your pickup

Jinx

Great info Wsucougarx.

I'm thinking about resubmitting all the paperwork by email and just ignore that it was already submitted by fax. It shouldn't be a problem if they receive the documents twice.

gunner01

willing.......

I live about 20 minutes away and could check it out for you
I also have a cert. diesel mech who works on my rigs

wsucougarx

Great info Wsucougarx.

I'm thinking about resubmitting all the paperwork by email and just ignore that it was already submitted by fax. It shouldn't be a problem if they receive the documents twice.
Definately resubmit all your paperwork via email. The biggest problem w/faxing is the clarity of your driver's license. Print off all your paperwork, sign it where it needs to be signed, and then scan everything and attach to your email. I have always attached my documents via PDF files. After you submit your paperwork via email wait about an hour or so, goto GL's site and use the chatline to chat w/an agent and confirm they got your email w/the attachments. Once they verify, then it's the waiting game. It's especially tough w/the first EUC, the anticipation and excitement of your first truck can be unbearable to say the least. Just hang in there and before you know it, you'll be heading North in Utah w/your newly acquired truck grinning ear to ear the whole way;-)

Jinx

All the EUC paperwork including my driver's license and export letter were emailed in PDF form just minutes ago. I'll followup in about an our to make sure they got it.

Thanks again Wsucougarx.

DieselBob

Congratulations on the new truck. I did the same thing as far as submitting my paper work and then followed up with a email to verify they had received it. The waiting is a killer though. :-x

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks