• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Fuel Tanks

Eric

:?:Hi All, I am at the point in my rebuild of 44 GPW 210266 and I am going to install a new repro fuel tank. I think I should have it lined, Question is can I do it myself? I see there are kits out there to Do-it-yourself, just was wondering if anyone has done it and how it turned out and do you recommend any perticular product? Thanks

Eric

Hello, I was advised to do so as to avoid rust and corrosion from condensation, (the reason I am Replacing it now) I was told the seams aren't as tight and will leak. I paid almost 3 for my tank and want to make sure the next protector doesn't have to do the same thing because of long bouts of storage.

Wolf.Dose

Lining a new or used gas fuel tank is a good idea. The fuel nowaday contains parts which in longer therm, which means standing at home, after some times will change to esters, which is a kind of acid and starts to eat sheet metall. The result is brown looking gas. It is just a matter of time until the new tank is scrap again.
All my gas veterans have lined tanks. I do not make it myself, even it costs a little more. So far I have no real good idea to tumble the tank for 24 hours that the solvent of the liner realy covers all parts.
Wolf from Germany