• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Fuel Tanks

Eric

:?:Hi All, I am at the point in my rebuild of 44 GPW 210266 and I am going to install a new repro fuel tank. I think I should have it lined, Question is can I do it myself? I see there are kits out there to Do-it-yourself, just was wondering if anyone has done it and how it turned out and do you recommend any perticular product? Thanks

Eric

Hello, I was advised to do so as to avoid rust and corrosion from condensation, (the reason I am Replacing it now) I was told the seams aren't as tight and will leak. I paid almost 3 for my tank and want to make sure the next protector doesn't have to do the same thing because of long bouts of storage.

Wolf.Dose

Lining a new or used gas fuel tank is a good idea. The fuel nowaday contains parts which in longer therm, which means standing at home, after some times will change to esters, which is a kind of acid and starts to eat sheet metall. The result is brown looking gas. It is just a matter of time until the new tank is scrap again.
All my gas veterans have lined tanks. I do not make it myself, even it costs a little more. So far I have no real good idea to tumble the tank for 24 hours that the solvent of the liner realy covers all parts.
Wolf from Germany

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks