• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 Brake Conversion

Autofabwelding

I have a set of M135 axles that I am putting on my Mud Machine and was wondering if anyone knows if or how I can convert it to disc brakes. I also was wondering if anyone sold lockers for the front axles.:-D

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i beleave the 135 used axles that were used under the cckw (ww2 deuce) i would use newer axles

Last edited:

Autofabwelding

I am not sure what the bolt pattern is. I know that it is 6 lug probably about 10 inch centers. I will check for sure on the bolt pattern spacing.

skidder

Yes there is a guy in fla.that has disbrakes kits for the duce axles an ARB air lockers Differential engine winter haven fla. skidder

Autofabwelding

I think i am going to redrill some Chevy front rotors to fit where the driveshaft bolts to the axle and fabing a bracket to mount the caliper. Then removing the drum brakes. Should this work? They are M135 axles not M35A.

hippiedude

I think you would be better off using some m35 axles......... I just don`t think there are after market parts for the axles you want to use .......... I could be wrong though ..... Tim

Autofabwelding

The front does spin backwards but the third member and the cover can be swapped making it spin right. I have found lockers for the axles and can get new axle shafts. Not any other aftermarket parts I can fore see needing as long as I can fab up some brakes

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks