• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 Brake Conversion

Autofabwelding

I have a set of M135 axles that I am putting on my Mud Machine and was wondering if anyone knows if or how I can convert it to disc brakes. I also was wondering if anyone sold lockers for the front axles.:-D

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i beleave the 135 used axles that were used under the cckw (ww2 deuce) i would use newer axles

Last edited:

Autofabwelding

I am not sure what the bolt pattern is. I know that it is 6 lug probably about 10 inch centers. I will check for sure on the bolt pattern spacing.

skidder

Yes there is a guy in fla.that has disbrakes kits for the duce axles an ARB air lockers Differential engine winter haven fla. skidder

Autofabwelding

I think i am going to redrill some Chevy front rotors to fit where the driveshaft bolts to the axle and fabing a bracket to mount the caliper. Then removing the drum brakes. Should this work? They are M135 axles not M35A.

hippiedude

I think you would be better off using some m35 axles......... I just don`t think there are after market parts for the axles you want to use .......... I could be wrong though ..... Tim

Autofabwelding

The front does spin backwards but the third member and the cover can be swapped making it spin right. I have found lockers for the axles and can get new axle shafts. Not any other aftermarket parts I can fore see needing as long as I can fab up some brakes