• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Batteries

Medicstudent01

I am looking for 2 fairly inexpensive replacement batteries for a M1009. Do I have to pick up the commercial ones at $120-200 each or can I get the $50-75 Sams club batteries? Will they do the same function, CCA, exc?

mangus580

I think you will find the Sams ones will work fine, but they will probably only last half the time. If money is an issue right now (in a pinch and need batteries) buy the Sams ones, but beware you might have to replace in 3 years. If you have the extra $, just go get some real good interstates, or other top name brand. After all, I have had 2 of the biggest batteries Tractor Supply carries in my deuce for 2 years now, and no signs of age. I dont drive it that often, maybe once or twice a month depending. They were $75 each 2 years ago.

I think 120-200 might be a littel high.

Medicstudent01

Batteries

Sorry, new member. Saw the note for new members after I posted. I am located in The Se Michigan area. The deal on the M1009 fell through.

I guess I am back in the market for a M1009 or a M1008, p/u

Medicstudent01

Ther is a guy in Brainbridge, Ohio, that is selling an M1009.
Is this a person on this forum, or someone I need to email or call.

Thanks

As far as the M1008, looks very nice, but its a little to far for me to travel now.