• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10,000 dollars of Deuces. . .

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Someone paid a lot of money for 3 trucks in NM today, I wish I knew who it was, as I have 2 or 3 that I'd sell him for what he paid for the beaters he got out of Holloman. . . :razz: 2 winch trucks for 3700-3800.00, one non for 2000.00, plus the GL fees, etc, etc, etc. . .

Geez. . .

Call me. . .

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view_photo?eventId=4721&lotNumber=7650&picNumber=1

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view_photo?eventId=4721&lotNumber=7651&picNumber=1

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view_photo?eventId=4721&lotNumber=7652&picNumber=1

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They don't look THAT bad, but then again they don't look THAT good either.

A dealer from Colorado bought some out of Ft Sam a sale or two ago. Maybe he got those figuring he could pay more for the trucks but have less in transport fees.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ranchers Supply?, the bidder # didn't look familiar. . .

Like I said, please, call me, I have serviced trucks ready to go. . . .

Last edited:

JAYHAWK 1962

I was watching those also. was told they are not that great. what prices!!! makes my 1500 dollar one a lot better looking. it came from nm also. the one i got from ft sill for 2300 is awesome, even with 850 for delivery started and drove right off of the lot without a jump plus 1/2 tank of fuel!! plus they are located between white sands and el paso

bigelk50

It all depends on what you want, what it is worth and how much you have. We bought a truck from GL M35A2C 1986 for $3,800 + fees. I know that is a heck of a lot, but we knew that was the best truck on the lot, and it was exactly what we wanted.

To tell you the truth, it is worth every penny!!

Mark2X2

Someone paid a lot of money for 3 trucks in NM today, I wish I knew who it was, as I have 2 or 3 that I'd sell him for what he paid for the beaters he got out of Holloman. . . :razz: 2 winch trucks for 3700-3800.00, one non for 2000.00, plus the GL fees, etc, etc, etc. . .

Geez. . .

Call me. . .

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view_photo?eventId=4721&lotNumber=7650&picNumber=1

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view_photo?eventId=4721&lotNumber=7651&picNumber=1

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view_photo?eventId=4721&lotNumber=7652&picNumber=1
Those are the dirtiest trucks I've seen!

bigelk50

Yes they were very very filthy!! I watched the auction too. Could be some scrap guy that does not care how much they are he just wants to cut them up and make money, or a newb that did not know better like we were when we bought that high priced one. lol

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes they were very very filthy!! I watched the auction too. Could be some scrap guy that does not care how much they are he just wants to cut them up and make money, or a newb that did not know better like we were when we bought that high priced one. lol
If a scrap man bought them he didn't know what they weighed. You can't make any money paying that for scrap at the current prices.

I don't think the prices were that out of line. Sure, it seems like alot compared to what trucks are bringing at other locations but if there aren't many trucks out in the West it would make a difference. If you lived out west you could buy a cheap truck in the east and pay big bucks getting it shipped to you or you could buy one close to home and afford to pay more.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have to remember also that there were atleast two bidders to get the price up that high. It couldn't have been just one person.

bigelk50

True just throwing it out there. Could always sit on them like the guy who needs to dump the 30 deuces. I bet that it is just like you explained. That is another reason we paid so much for that deuce I talked about before. Not many trucks out here at that time. Wait there still isint :twisted:

wsucougarx

It all depends on what you want, what it is worth and how much you have. We bought a truck from GL M35A2C 1986 for $3,800 + fees. I know that is a heck of a lot, but we knew that was the best truck on the lot, and it was exactly what we wanted.

To tell you the truth, it is worth every penny!!
I hear you Reub! Same story here with my '88. To someone else they probably thought I was on something. But to me she is worth every penny. It all depends on who is buying it. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder;-) Gosh and these trucks are beautiful:p

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking at the pictures, those trucks look real nice to me. My kinda trucks.

Dirt and mud washes off, rust does not. No rust to be seen in the pics. These are the kind of prices we were paying 3 years ago. Get em now. And, hold on to what ya got.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
There are several very large overseas orders being filled. Clark and the other guys scooped up the wreckers yesterday. Deuces on GL will be gone this time 2 years from now. Some guard units are deuceless. So be prepared to pay more for trucks that are not what we are used to seeing. I wish had a barn where i could store 10 trucks out of the weather, for about 10 years.

zb39

I would say compared to Ranchers Supply, they were a steal. Same on the east coast, some dealers want 9k for a duece. Who knows, my guess is some people pay it.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I would say compared to Ranchers Supply, they were a steal. Same on the east coast, some dealers want 9k for a duece. Who knows, my guess is some people pay it.

What I was saying is it may have been Ranchers, I picked up a Deuce at Ft Riley a year ago, and they were there loading out, they had come in at the end of the auction and bought up every Deuce (12 I think) except for the piece o junk I got. And I watched them put 3 trucks on one trailer. . .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks