• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10,000 dollars of Deuces. . .

zb39

I see, if that was Ranchers getting them, they make a nice profit. This is America after all. And I am glad of it.:-D

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"What a willing buyer will pay to a willing seller"

As for them looking dusty/engines muddy.... EVERYTHING out there looks dusty - It's the dang desert, dudes!!! Anything with the slightest dampness or oily residue will make that dust stick. Washing it off is easier than rust repair any day. If they've spent their entire life in the White Sands NM area then they probably have near ZERO RUST since the humidity there is 10% or less 98% of the time. The dusting shown in the pics could easily have accumulated in just ONE windy afternoon!

I was watching them too. My in-laws live nearby at Alamogordo and I was hoping for an easy recovery with nearby staging before the 400 mile shuttle back to San Angelo, TX.

Oh, well.... There WILL be more......

surfdog

At least two of the trucks look like they might have power steering...

and now with no trucks for sale on that one liquidation government site, those price aren't looking so bad !!!

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hear you Reub! Same story here with my '88. To someone else they probably thought I was on something. But to me she is worth every penny. It all depends on who is buying it. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder;-) Gosh and these trucks are beautiful:p

If it is Forrest Gump you are talking about, it is a great truck for the money. It needed nothing.

wsucougarx

Hey there, it indeed was Forest Gump. Well since I've had her I have done a few things to her:wink: Added a winch, manual windshield washer kit, air tank drain kit, med tow bar, solargizer, USGI gun rack. I have a military intercom system VIC-1 still being pieced together for her as well.

BugEyeBear

Economics 101:

Supply & Demand.

M35 numbers on GL will decrease. Sooner in some regions than in others.
When this happens you will see huge price increases in the areas with low availability.
& eventually prices in general will rise. Especially for the nicer trucks!

WPNS421

:roll:You guys have been spoiled with cheap deuces. The price of these vehicles are going up, more people are owning one. At the dealers ,Idaho Motor Pool, Ranchers Supply, Eastern Surplus, Colemans the price for a deuce like in the pictures are going for $5000 to 7500 ++. Deuces are getting scarce and the recent freeze on GL is driving the price up. It is the same with MKTs, the price has almost doubled with less equipment in the unit. The trucks in the pitures are in good condition and easily restored, a quick PM and paint job , truck is worth $7000. Look at the price for trucks on EBay; crazy.
Also a loy of trucks are going North(legally). In Canada a parted out junker (M35 Cdn)only good for parts, no titles sold for $1500, a guy out west told me that the same condition vehicles went for over $5000. I know a dealer who parted out 20 running M35s that he paid on average $900, and sold in pieces for over $7000 with lots of parts left over.
I have a nice M35 that I really don't want to sell but a guy is really interestedin it, I asked for $12,500 and refused $10K for it, no BS, he's thinking about it!!!. But do I want to sell???
Demand is driving up the prices, already the day of the drive away $1000 deuce is gone. A prime exemple of high prices, find me a cheap jeep :roll:

JeepMan

Economics 101:

Supply & Demand.

M35 numbers on GL will decrease. Sooner in some regions than in others.
When this happens you will see huge price increases in the areas with low availability.
& eventually prices in general will rise. Especially for the nicer trucks!

Yes, unlike a Jeep, I can see a duece in every driveway!!

JeepMan

:roll:You guys have been spoiled with cheap deuces. The price of these vehicles are going up, more people are owning one. At the dealers ,Idaho Motor Pool, Ranchers Supply, Eastern Surplus, Colemans the price for a deuce like in the pictures are going for $5000 to 7500 ++. Deuces are getting scarce and the recent freeze on GL is driving the price up. It is the same with MKTs, the price has almost doubled with less equipment in the unit. The trucks in the pitures are in good condition and easily restored, a quick PM and paint job , truck is worth $7000. Look at the price for trucks on EBay; crazy.
Also a loy of trucks are going North(legally). In Canada a parted out junker (M35 Cdn)only good for parts, no titles sold for $1500, a guy out west told me that the same condition vehicles went for over $5000. I know a dealer who parted out 20 running M35s that he paid on average $900, and sold in pieces for over $7000 with lots of parts left over.
I have a nice M35 that I really don't want to sell but a guy is really interestedin it, I asked for $12,500 and refused $10K for it, no BS, he's thinking about it!!!. But do I want to sell???
Demand is driving up the prices, already the day of the drive away $1000 deuce is gone. A prime exemple of high prices, find me a cheap jeep :roll:
I think if I were in the buisness of selling dueces, I'd pick up as much of the residue as possible for parts or rebuild.

velociT

If that's your truck in your avatar, I would sneer at 10k also.

Keep it.

WPNS421

The truck in my avatar is a Cdn M36C with a 2 section Hiab crane with 2 extensions and a hydraulic winch on the Hiab arm. The back has a metal cage with 2 workbencehes, full electrical wiring rigged for 120V and 24V. The rear of the cage has 2 aluminum doors and there is a storage area in the back of the box. It has a Detroit diesel with an Allison automatic, hydraulic winch.
She is my pride and joy but the bitch of it is I cannot get a legal title for it, the Cdn military won't give us one. My 1954 M135 is street legal but not my M36C. I have a devious little plan and by next spring the truck will be legally licenced. As is I am asking $19k and people are sniffing around, if I plate it it will be sold. My next purchase is going to be an M816 wrecker, I have saving my pennies, I buy from a dealer $12K - 18K. I am also looking for a M548 cargo carrier.
Go look at our website www.militarytrucks.ca

Last edited:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Like I said in my first post, If you need a truck please come see me, I have trucks for 4500.00. . .

PM'd and everything. . . :p

btw, this thread was started BEFORE the M35's disappeared from GL. . .

Also, spoke to the GL rep at Holloman AFB, and he confirmed the trucks were pulled because of the radioactive gauges concern. . . :roll: