• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil leak on engine

Wildfire073

I have a M-274 A5 with the 2 cylinder engine. I have had oil leaking from the area of the rocker arm covers. I resealed the covers, but still have an oil leak. What else in this area leaks or may need a new gasket or seal? Thank you.

crankshaft45

Try posting this on G503.com, there are some excellant mule mechanics there who might be able to help you.

you might also give Bill Watson a call in North Carolina, 1-336-697-4020, He is very knowledgable and eager to help.

lilreddodge

You might want to look around the fitting that the oil return line attaches to. I have found that the head will crack here if the fitting is not screwed in properly. It will look like the oil is coming from the valve cover, but it really is running out of a crack in the head around the fitting.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
No deep scratches? No deep cuts in the metal?? Did you take off the old gasket that sticks on to the steel? Screws nice and tight?? other then that you might need a special gasket because i use Bill Watsons and they work just fine for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks