• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

She is finished!

ctmustang

Man that looks nice! I hope mine turns out that nice. I hope to start spraying the 24087 od this coming sat. if the weather cooperates. Nice to see another in its original color.
Good luck and take care of it
C.T>

Westex

That is beyond outstanding. Where did you get the paint? Oil base? Military. Sherwin Williams? Inquiring minds want to know that thing looks so good!

Orionspath

INSPIRING PROJECT! Would really appreciate a narrative on the Painting process including details of the paint itself, prep wor, spray apparatus etc......My FAVORITE paint color!
Pete

pdstout

Thanks for all the kind words. There are several guys in my area that helped. we have got together several times and woeked on our trucks. I have another Deuce I want to turn into this trucks Twin. It has a gun mount on it, and I want to have a pair. If ti had not been for this site, and my Deuce, I would have never met such gerat people. THANKS!!!
P. Stout

chaplain

I am, trying to decide on a new set of tires. What are those? How do you like them? Do they use the same tubes as the ndt's? Anyone know where to get some and a fair price?

I really don't like using the word hate but if I were to hate something it would be CARC. I was planning on removing all of mine and doing exactly what you did with your duece. I think that is a really GREAT job. keep up the good work.

slong

As Pete said I used Rapco paint it's top quality. It took 2 gallons to do the truck(inside, out, and underneath). It took about a week with the prep work and painting then stencils. The truck just had light surface rust so most prep was done with a drill and a wire brush. I had my son use a needle scalier on the bed. The prep was primed with rustolium rust primer. The truck was shot with a HVLP gun and compressor. I have my own vinyl cutter so I made all my own stencils. I will order a couple cans of Rapco spray cans for touch up. The reason I got a soft top is I like it off in nice weather. Also I have a canvas top on order. :-D

Last edited: