• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

When do plan on showing up?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I know alot of guys are leaving for the Ga rally early. I think I might head out on the 20th. ANyone else going early?

Alredneck

Banned
Gimp let me know for sure when yall will be there so I can make sure yalls living accomadtions are on site. Worse case I will get Speds tent to Wreckerman cause I think he will be there before me. Im thinking sometime that Fri for me and Woody.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
That was another reason I was asking. I have tents I can bring that are compact and easy to setup. I'm sure we can rig sumptin up. :twisted:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My plans have been altered. My goal was to be there midday Wed but that has been moved back to Thursday. I still have my cabin reserved for Wed nite but will change that soon. I'll leave Wed early eve and try to get to Wayne's place Thur morn. Grab the M1008 and head north.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are headed out on the 20th(tues), should arrive on Wednesday evening. Might go to C's.

Gimp, you can sleep on our front porch. Keep the bears away(snoring).

oilcan

Keep the bears away(snoring).
Yeah, good luck with that... The last time I "slept" in the same county as gimp I thought I was in an old porky pig/daffy duck cartoon. :deadhorse:

Sure wish I could go. I'm working a few last-minuite angles, but it still doesn't look good. :cry:

AMGeneral

I plan to be there between 12 and 1 Thurs barring any mechanical or traffic breakdowns.Cabin is reserved from Thurs night through Sun morning.Neil is gonna convoy down I -85 with me.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm planning on rolling out when Angie gets off at 12:30 on Thursday. I will take her to work and then pick her up, that way her work HAS to let her off and we can leave from there. Coming in by I-20. I might do 378 instead. Not sure yet.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, good luck with that... The last time I "slept" in the same county as gimp I thought I was in an old porky pig/daffy duck cartoon. :deadhorse:

Sure wish I could go. I'm working a few last-minuite angles, but it still doesn't look good. :cry:

I don't know what you're talking about...I was in that camper too and I slept like a baby. :twisted:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be leaving Columbia, SC area Thursday morning, probably around 9 and should be there before noon, using I-20 as the most direct route. About 110-120 miles total, one way.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am only going stay at D-town Friday and Saturday night. But I will be out there Wednesday to set-up the layout of the site. We will have a main tent that a member from Florida is bringing, we need to set aside the area for the MKT and we need to set aside a nice clean area for the professional vendors that (say they) are coming. I told any vendors I would give them a nice spot, in order to try and start building a vendor presence at the rally.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am only going stay at D-town Friday and Saturday night. But I will be out there Wednesday to set-up the layout of the site. We will have a main tent that a member from Florida is bringing, we need to set aside the area for the MKT and we need to set aside a nice clean area for the professional vendors that (say they) are coming. I told any vendors I would give them a nice spot, in order to try and start building a vendor presence at the rally.

Unless our plans change Gimp and I are heading down sometime on the 20th, so we'll be there to help set up things on Wednesday the 21st with you.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Gimp I am planning on being there Wed Unless something comes up.
Do you know what time Wednesday?

Unless our plans change Gimp and I are heading down sometime on the 20th, so we'll be there to help set up things on Wednesday the 21st with you.
That's good to know because I am going out there Wednesday to set up the positions for the tent, MKT, vendor areas, etc. and I will need some folks there to assist and bounce ideas off of.

Last edited:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Getting ready today................ checked all the fluids on the Jeep, replaced a broken taillight, replaced the dry rotted (and leaking) fuel line, test drove it, etc.

Charged the battery on the Mule, greased it, checked all the fluids, etc. Had to take it for a test drive, too. :p

The Deuces are prepped and ready to go; all they lack is having the fuel topped off.

Can't wait! Barely a week out!

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I sure hope that Mule don't get dusty in that trailer before the Rally:!:

The CAMO Crew should roll in around noonish on Friday the 23rd if some other ambush don't happen between now and then:-D

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
we will leave louisiana early wed morning with a stop over at pappa bears to pick up some goodies to bring to the rally.. we should be at d town midday thur.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
My plan is to be there Thursday before dark.
Plan A is to have the expando with M105 in tow.
Plan B is the M109 with trailer.
I will have a buddy with me that bought a deuce from me.
We are convoying over...I'll post our exact route and time later in case anybody might want to join us.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks