• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance raised my premium for a really dumb reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexAndy

I had to get insurance before I could register or title the vehicle. So I went ahead and did so and just threw a wild guess as to the age of the vehicle. I told the insurance company that it was made in 1966.

Well, I then got the actual year from Carnac. So I put that (1970) on the SF97 and titled it as such and sent a copy of the title to the insurance company.

They send me a letter raising my premium by $38 + $9 processing fee because of the info change. This is several months after I immediately paid the entire 6 month premium of $223.50, of course. So it was an "unpaid balance" notice, too.

So I emailed them and asked what the deal was and they said that the change in year changed the "rating symbol." So now, instead of $223.50/6 months, it's $261.50/6 months. What a bunch of BS...

Just so you guys know, a 1966 deuce is less risky than a 1970 deuce. :roll: Remember that, when you go to title these things...

BugEyeBear

I'm guessing that "book value" for a '66 is lower than "book value" for a '70.

HOPEFULLY you'll never have to find out!

Insurance Agents are always looking for a way to get an extra buck out of you.
My M38-A1 Jeep was insured in Michigan for about $50/year because my agent there classified it as a "classic".
I moved to GA & when I went to transfer my policy the rate jumped to almost $400!
I protested, but they insisted that the Jeep didn't qualify as a "classic" becaiuse it has a different engine in it, a full rollcage, & a winch on it.
After weeks of going back & forth I simply stated that IF this was how they were going to treat a long-time customer (with no claims ever) I would take my 4 car policies & my home owner's policy to another insurance company.
They then agreed that the Jeep is a "classic".

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks