• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

antifreeze and lubricants

elvis3006

hi everyone,i need to know what type of lube,engine oil, anti freeze, etc, i need to put in my 44 WC51 for winter driving. where i live we have some nasty cold winters:wink: thank you for any tips. Rob

Westech

CPL
Well Grease/Lube just use any front end grease. If you only drive it in Very cold you can get a LOW temp Grease. Its White in color and a lot thinner then the "regular" stuff. Engine oil I would run a 10w30 motor oil or even a 15W40 Diesel engine oil. Anti freeze or Engine coolant will not change from summer to winter. For the Gear boxes and diffs I would Run a 75/140 gear oil. It will be a little thinner when cold and not "strain" the gears before it warms up as much.
Happy Driving.

(I would not drive a WC in the winter.. salt, sand, all the "Nastys", I would find something else and save the WC)

elvis3006

thank you for the advice. the roads here are not salted,and i only plan to drive it on nicer days throughout the winter. come spring i will be restoring her to her formal glory. sandblast and fresh coat of paint. i have identified 4 different shades of OD on it,wow if this truck could talk lol.:-D

dieselolds

Winter Dodge

Chech my Dodge winter videos.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC1CcOGymhA[/media]

I use 15-40 oil and God Peak antifreeze.
Gear and axles are gl-4 90W

John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks