• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

antifreeze and lubricants

elvis3006

hi everyone,i need to know what type of lube,engine oil, anti freeze, etc, i need to put in my 44 WC51 for winter driving. where i live we have some nasty cold winters:wink: thank you for any tips. Rob

Westech

CPL
Well Grease/Lube just use any front end grease. If you only drive it in Very cold you can get a LOW temp Grease. Its White in color and a lot thinner then the "regular" stuff. Engine oil I would run a 10w30 motor oil or even a 15W40 Diesel engine oil. Anti freeze or Engine coolant will not change from summer to winter. For the Gear boxes and diffs I would Run a 75/140 gear oil. It will be a little thinner when cold and not "strain" the gears before it warms up as much.
Happy Driving.

(I would not drive a WC in the winter.. salt, sand, all the "Nastys", I would find something else and save the WC)

elvis3006

thank you for the advice. the roads here are not salted,and i only plan to drive it on nicer days throughout the winter. come spring i will be restoring her to her formal glory. sandblast and fresh coat of paint. i have identified 4 different shades of OD on it,wow if this truck could talk lol.:-D

dieselolds

Winter Dodge

Chech my Dodge winter videos.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC1CcOGymhA[/media]

I use 15-40 oil and God Peak antifreeze.
Gear and axles are gl-4 90W

John