• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Used Motor Oil and Reg. Gas

Billy Bobbed

I want to use used motor oil this winter with reg. gas plus diesel .Ive burned about 20 gallons of UMO so far, no problem, mixed with reg. and diesel.Is there a formula for UMO and reg. gas mixed with a little diesel that will burn this winter.Or should I just burn diesel and a additive.Diesel here is $2.80 a gallon,$2.45 for reg.gas.the UMO is free it would save me money this winter.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I meant to add some gas or diesel to the WMO I had in the tank a year ago. As it turned out, I forgot and ran 100%WMO all last winter.

Billy Bobbed

Youll be suprised how much UMO you can get from family and friends if you ask.In a month I got about 55 gallons that they was wondering what they were going to do with Every body wins.I put the word out to everyone I know.You figure at $2.80 a gallon,that saves you money.

randyscycle

I use about a 50/50 mix give or take of WMO and old gasoline drained from storage vehicles. Filtered well, of course.

The only issue I've noticed is that when it gets near freezing here, it takes a couple extra seconds of cranking to start cold.

The pyro temps seem to run just slightly cooler by maybe 100 degrees on my WMO mix vs. straight diesel. No real noticeable difference in performance I can detect.

rebel5909

i get used oil and old gas from my work. i mix the old gas and oil 50/50 and filter it. my truck loves it. i have ran it for almost a year now (7,000 miles) and never had any problems , last time i had diesel in it was when i drove it home when i bought it. i have ran more oil then gas in the past but it filtered really slow and i figured it would be hard on my fuel pump so 50/50 was the best i could figure and its saved me a ton in fuel money:-D

rebel5909

my dad has a stock 96 dodge 2500 diesel and we have ran 25% motor oil and 75% diesel fuel and his truck runs fine so i would think most all diesels would run that just make sure you filter the oil before its in the truck. just experiment a lil and see what happens just dont over do it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks