• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Used Motor Oil and Reg. Gas

conductorx

I plan to run filtered cooking oil. There is several ways to burn cooking oil without destroying the engine.

The ability to burn almost anything except water making lean back toward the A2 multifuel.

Thanks,
Gary

Pawnshop

I have heard many stories of people running SOME waste oil in a diesel only motor with good results, I might give it a try in my M1009, but only after some intensive study on the subject (she's my daily driver and I don't want to be stranded by the side of the road).

Billy Bobbed

Im really surprised more people dont run these muti-fuel engines.There fantastic,Ive run 24 gallons of WMO so far mixed with diesel and reg.gas.Today I put 18 gallons of reg.gas and 5 gallons of WMO.Every day Im wondering if its going to stop running,but it just keeps going.Love it.I wish I had one back when diesel was .89 cents a gallon.Ok old timers,I now you guys seen it for .5 cents a gallon in your day.It makes no sense why they charge more for diesel than reg.gas today.Its made from the junk from the bottom of the barrell.

mdl06g

I've got an 06 Cummins and I'm a member of a couple of forums for such... and lots of guys run WMO (filtered of course) through their Diesel Only engines. Had an article a couple of months ago about a guy who runs straight ATF through his Powerstroke. There are a couple of Cummins OTR engines that actually pull WMO from the pan when the onboard computer tells them it's no longer cutting it as motor oil... burns it and replaces it from a tank of clean motor oil. I think those guys are running only a percent or two... but a good diesel that is warmed up will burn just about anything you can shove through the injectors.

So, if your A3 is still under warranty (lol) then I wouldn't recommend it... but otherwise filter it, cut it, run it.

"Too cold to start a fire,
I'm burnin' diesel, burnin' dinosaur bones.
I'll take the river down to Stillwater,
Ride a pack of dogs."

Rusty Cage
Soundgarden and Johnny Cash

Spin

I think when I get my HMMWV, I am going to go to the Junk yard I used to work for and get some of the old gas and diesel from them, as well as some UMO and try a few batches out and see what the ratios are and see if I can come up with something really efficient.

rebel5909

i work at a marina and there is allways boats coming in thats been sittin a few years so i allways get there old gasoline so if you need some stop by your local boat marina and see what they say i would think they would love to give it to you! my work use to pay to get rid of it before i come along!

tm america

i run mine on wmo-trans fluid all the time sometimes it wont see deisel till it gets really cold out.i ran gas in it for a while i got a tank full that someone had put in thier deisel truck .i didnt like the gas in there it seams a little slower.no big difference going from deisel to wmo eccept for when trying to use the manifold heater it doesnt seam to work so good on wmo:roll:

I once ran across a chart for mixing fuels for multi-fuel engines in PMCS mag back in national guard days. I always tried to run 25% diesel, it makes for easier starting in cold weather. My CW3 (chief warrant officer) the head of my motor pool and I tested the multi fuel. We ran everything through the engine we thought might work and the biggest thing we found was cold weather starting. That's where we came up with our minimum of 25% diesel, and no more then 50% gasoline. We also ran same tests on the Hummer and cucv. We got the same results with both vehicles.

rebel5909

i filter my fuel after i mix it down to 5 microns (two filters and a water seperator) there is alot of trash in used motor oil if you dont filter it your truck filters will stop up trust me i learned the hard way i could tell my truck was losing power and within 5 miles she shut down now that i filter the oil i have not had any problems and i drive it every day

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks