• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fined for running WMO (not me)

JCKnife

Last edited:

Nonotagain

He committed the double wammy, non-taxed diesel which is dyed red and then used recycled oil to boot.

Uncle Sammy could care less what fuel you use as long as taxes are paid.

datsunaholic

According to the post he wasn't using non-tax offroad diesel, he was running taxed road diesel (20%). The issue is that they check the color, and it was pitch black. It has to be green to prove that there's no red dye. His State requires a blender's permit to run anything other than road diesel (that applies to anyone running WMO or waste cooking oil), which requires you to pay tax per gallon used.

This is actually law in most States, though the amount that check regularly are few. That's why some States like Oregon are considering charging folks a mileage tax, because they lose revenue for roads (which are paid for by fuel taxes) when folks are using veggie oil or have electric cars.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a customer, a paper mill in Alabama, that got nailed for using off-road diesel a few years ago. They had an F-250 which was used exclusively on mill property. Didn't even have a tag. They rooutinely drove it out the front gate and approximately 1/4 mile to fill it with off-road when needed at the local station. One day the highway patrol was waiting. I can't remember the exact fine, but it was several thousand dollars because they admitted that they had been doing this for many years.

gunit

you get taxed when you buy the motor oil, if you get taxed again thats double taxed on the same product. thats like buying seeds for the garden, paying taxes on the purchase then taxed when you eat your crop.

Fort rogers

off road fuel

i was recently fined on a m818, m49a2c for offroad fuel. the 818 pulls a bellydump offroad and the 49 fuels all the offroad equipment. cost me 1000 on these 2 vehicles plus another 1000 for the m49 having offroad fuel as storage!:eek:

Nonotagain

Fort rogers

I was checked because of my construction project. This agent said she had checked a ranch before and fined them for a militry vehicle running of road on the farm! However she didnt fine me for a M-109A3 on site i use as a service truck because it wasnt taged.

TexAndy

I was checked because of my construction project. This agent said she had checked a ranch before and fined them for a militry vehicle running of road on the farm! However she didnt fine me for a M-109A3 on site i use as a service truck because it wasnt taged.
I sure hope they contested the fine. A fine for running untaxed fuel on your own property? Jeez.

saddamsnightmare

February 7th, 2010.

Wonder what they would do with one of the coal burning steam trucks the Brits used around WWII and earlier....? The only oil was used for lubrication. It rather sucks that the Multifuels can burn WMO, Diesel and Gasoline in combinations.... I suspect I might just padlock the fuel cap to keep the spies from prying when she's parked somewhere. If they want to check it on my property I might just have to feel threatened. What a bite.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

Yohan

Hmmmm... It's not a "Diesel"; it's a multifuel that burns a proprietary mixture of already disposed of crap that has already been taxed and used. We should br charging them to get rid of it!

Isn't this the kind of thing that the Colonies trounced King George for a while back? :confused:

area52

I have an idea when/if I ever build my "5 ton Willys" project. The space between the rear frame rails is long and wide enough to put some sort of fuel storage tank. Fill the regular tank with legal diesel and use the "hidden" tank for all of your WMO/WVO and alternative fuels.

Just a thought.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks