• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fined for running WMO (not me)

airmech3839

Georgia's Law is such:

§ 48-9-16. Penalties and interest; untimely return; failure to pay; false or fraudulent returns; failure to file returns; dyed fuel oil violations

(a) When any distributor or other person required to file a report as provided by this article fails to file the report within the time prescribed, he shall be subject to a penalty of $50.00 for each such failure.

(b) When any distributor fails to pay the tax or any part of the tax due under Code Section 48-9-3 or 48-9-14, the distributor shall be subject to a penalty of 10 percent of the amount of unpaid taxes due.

(c) In the case of a false or fraudulent return or of a failure to file a return, a specific penalty of 50 percent of the tax due shall be assessed.

(d) When any distributor fails to pay the tax or any part of the tax due under Code Section 48-9-3 or 48-9-14, the distributor shall pay interest on the unpaid tax at the rate specified in Code Section 48-2-40 from the time the tax became due until paid.

(e) When any person:

(1) Sells or delivers any dyed fuel oil when such person knows or has reason to know that the fuel will be consumed in a highway use; or

(2) Consumes any dyed fuel oil for a highway use when such consumer knows or has reason to know that the fuel oil was dyed, such person shall be subject to a penalty of $1,000.00 or $10.00 per gallon of dyed fuel oil involved in such sale, delivery, or consumption, whichever amount is greater, and such amount shall be multiplied by the number of prior penalties imposed on such violator under this subsection and the resulting product shall be the penalty to be imposed.

(f) When any person sells or delivers any dyed fuel oil without the notices required under paragraph (5) of subsection (c) of Code Section 48-9-8, such person shall be subject to a penalty which shall be the greater of the following:

(1) One hundred dollars per month for each month or part of a month in which such sale or delivery occurred; or

(2) One dollar per gallon of dyed fuel oil involved in such sale or delivery. Upon a showing of no highway use and reasonable cause, at the commissioner's discretion the penalty under this subsection may be reduced to 10 percent of the amount which ordinarily would have been due or payment of the tax may be accepted in lieu of such penalty.

HISTORY: Code 1933, § 92-1415, enacted by Ga. L. 1978, p. 186, § 1; Code 1933, § 91A-5007, enacted by Ga. L. 1978, p. 309, § 2; Code 1933, § 91A-5013, enacted by Ga. L. 1979, p. 5, § 102; Ga. L. 1980, p. 10, § 35; Ga. L. 1980, p. 1759, § 2; Ga. L. 1995, p. 359, § 5; Ga. L. 2002, p. 415, § 48; Ga. L. 2003, p. 355, § 7; Ga. L. 2003, p. 665, § 17; Ga. L. 2009, p. 8, § 48/SB 46.

What that means????

I will continue to run the WMO blend in my truck...they stop me I am gonna tell them the truth...then I will see them in court if fined...I am not "knowingly running a dyed fuel improperly".... we will see.....Maybe need to paint bio-blend on tank!!

Tanner

you get taxed when you buy the motor oil, if you get taxed again thats double taxed on the same product. thats like buying seeds for the garden, paying taxes on the purchase then taxed when you eat your crop.
You've been getting taxed this way for years... article I read years ago mentioned something about there being over 150 taxes levied on a loaf of bread by the time you buy it at the store.

'Tanner'

airmech3839

I just found a article that specifies the license may be applicable in GA as well. I have e-mailed the office in charge and asked for specifics on blending for private use in one truck.

we will see tomorrow what we get?

azex

thievery is what it is...taxing something for use of "the roads".

The founding fathers would have overthrown this corrupt nest of snakes long ago.

When dealing with the police.

1. Make no statements.
2. Consent to no searches.
3. Perform no tests.

The Rights you save may be your own.

D.

tamangel

lets talk about the law angle and how to make it work or work to change it for the vehicles we love..not your personal political agenda please..
:deadhorse:
Mike

Last edited:

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
He committed the double wammy, non-taxed diesel which is dyed red and then used recycled oil to boot.....
Okay...when did they change colors? I used to operate a service station with my brother, and the diesel was undyed (clear). Untaxed agricultural diesel was dyed green. Gasoline was dyed red. When they introduced unleaded gas, it was clear and the red leaded gas gradually faded away. I guess maybe they started dying the taxed diesel red in order to use up all the red dye they had stockpiled??

Josh

The diesel around here is green/yellow. Heating oil is red. Dunno about Farm diesel though.

As for gasoline, never payed much attention, cept to my brothers race gas, that stuff is blue.:shock:

ironwolf85

And besides we aren't over taxed As it is. I enjoy paying Federal income tax which is another bull s*** tax. Isn't life great you work for 65 + years get half of what you earned due to taxes then you die give it to your kids and they get taxed for the money you already got taxed for your entire life. Look on the bright side we are driving aroung 60+ thousand dollar trucks for almost pennies!

yeager1

All states regulate fuel; some regulate "blending", but most don't regulate or have laws pertaining to the use of "fuel additives" like octane boost, anti gel, lubricants, and others which are legal. If you are adding oil, wvo or anything else to diesel and get checked, tell them you are using regular pump diesel and have added a fuel additive for ____ reason. Now I would check your state, BUT explaining what you are doing as “I run regular pump diesel and add xxx additive to lubricate the injection pump (or whatever)” is probably your best bet to not get ticketed. Most cops won’t know the specifics of fuel additive laws, many won’t want to deal with it, and if you end up in court, you’ll be better off. Just my 2 cents.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys, I'm no big fan of taxes but somebody has to pay to build the roads. IMO the fairest way to tax something is to charge the people that use it (through the gas tax). Anybody avocating trying to "get around" paying gas taxes is tax evasion pure and simple.

Now you can argue the gas tax is too high and there is much waste in the DOT but there is no reason to think that everybody else should pay it and just because you have a vehicle that can run untaxed fuels that you are somehow exempt.

yeager1

I don't think of it as (or do it because of) tax evasion; it's recycling in its simplest form, plain and simple.

You are reusing a waste product, to me it is no different then a farmer making compost instead of buying (and paying taxes on) fertilizer. And its environmentally freindly.

greenjeepster

Has anyone here ever been pulled over in their deuce and had their fuel tested?

Just doesn't seem like that big of a risk.
I have been pulled over in a dump truck and had my stack swabbed multiple times. They don't care what color the fuel in the tank is around here... they go straight for the stack and swab for sulfur to see if you have been running off road fuel.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been pulled over in a dump truck and had my stack swabbed multiple times. They don't care what color the fuel in the tank is around here... they go straight for the stack and swab for sulfur to see if you have been running off road fuel.
Must be something new. I've never heard of that.

I've had my tank checked several times but not in a MV.

Yohan

As I understand it, about 50% of the cost of a gallon of gas is the actual tax on it, which does not go to fund the infrastructure we drive on. I could be wrong, but that's what was being touted when diesel went over $4.00 a gallon last year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks