• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Goat Ambulance ,What do I need??

Sevo

I am wanting to make one of the goats into an M792. What did they come equipped with? Did they have stretchers in the back? Does anyone have any pictures of one that was set up like this? Pictures of the inside of one?

Also, I know these parts are hard to come by, So if anyone has the Ambulance top or any parts please let me know. I want to start to put the stuff I will need together.

any insight/pics/and informations is appreciated

Thank you

Chris

Sevo

Hmmm.... good luck!
I don´t know if there are pictures from inside the ambulance carrier, I took some copies from my manual...
Ulf,

Thank you very much. That is exactly what I was looking for.

I have heard mention of a heater? Did the ambulance come with one as well?

Sevo

Hey Chris,

Any quotes to ship em as nonmobile?

Spock

Hi Spock,

I am getting quotes from 1400-3000. Many want the load but dont have ramps or a way to load them. I do not want them started or anyone to try to start them. If something goes wrong I want to be the one to do it.

. I think I found a carrier that has ramps and a winch. I would like to do it myself but cannot find a trailer or anyone local who wants to make the trip.

Adam, I need ya buddy!!! **** I wish you lived on Roswell!!! ITs always more fun to recover the vehicles yourself!

Sevo

I did find these pictures of the inside of a M792.

Anyone know where I can get those stretcher brackets? Also, if anyone has a lead on a heater that would be great as well.

Thanks for all the PMs regarding some of this equipment. I apprecaite all the help and support

Thank you

Chris

Attachments

Last edited:

HogHunter

Ulf,

Thank you very much. That is exactly what I was looking for.

I have heard mention of a heater? Did the ambulance come with one as well?
Mine had one while stationed in Germany and I must admit I took good advantage of it! Our unit (the 1/94th Field Atry) spent a lot of time in the field. While the cannon cockers laid down in their shelter halves on cold mother earth, I slept on a dry warm litter in my toasty ambulance.

Dodgeman1941

If you get up thru Michigan, my buddy has a completely outfitted museum quality ambi-goat. He would be more than happy to go thru it with you.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have a friend that just bought two of the correct era stretchers....he has no use for them...just got a good deal and they were OD green.

Don't know how you would get them from AL to your place. PM for details.

frenchman

goat ambulance parts

I am wanting to make one of the goats into an M792. What did they come equipped with? Did they have stretchers in the back? Does anyone have any pictures of one that was set up like this? Pictures of the inside of one?

Also, I know these parts are hard to come by, So if anyone has the Ambulance top or any parts please let me know. I want to start to put the stuff I will need together.

any insight/pics/and informations is appreciated

Thank you

Chris
hello chris
i have one strap seat and a tail gate step for sale email me if interested at
scmourey@earthlink.net
thank you
frenchman
mvpa#3973

scorpion6

Arts parts Has the heater kit and cold top for the trailer. He has them listed right now on ebay. A little high , but hard to find the parts. Another place to look is red river depot in new B2centsoston Texas.

srodocker

anyone have a lead on whatever holds the stretchers in place? and have it fold up and down? i think that would be a sweet setup in my m105 camper

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks