• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grumman OV-1B Mohawk For Sale

maynard83

Actually not any harder than a/c of that era, but it did have great look down capability because of the bulbous canopy, a must for observation.to fly

Last edited:

combat32

I thought SLAR stood for Sideways Looking Airborne Radar? At least that is what my border smart book said when I was a private in the 11th ACR.

68t

These planes were flying 24/7 up on the DMZ in south korea, when i was in korea. Very dangerous job because of bad weather,

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Also thats a great web site. Now some of us others might know what stuff sells for that goes to shows. 650K for a B25 , I would have thought they would bring what a P47 would. Jay

jasonjc

11th ACR BLACKHORSE!!

I liked the AH-1. That would be fun to fly, do some "gun runs" on the local canoe river.:lol: Can one do the maintanence on a helicopter them self with out an A&P license????

Or the C-47/R4D would be great for going to rallys and picking up stuff from GL:beer:

Wile E. Coyote

I think he's saying he's reduced the price by $175,000 -- not that he's selling at that price - at least the way it reads to me.

Nice piece of kit, but maybe I'll hold out for a Bronco :)

maynard83

It is a great website. What is surprising is that a DC-3/C-47 goes for around $190K as well as some jets. Some jets such as the L-29 go for as low as $50K. Amazing

RetPara

Trivia.... The Mohawk was originally designed as a ground attack aircraft for COIN back in the 50's. The USAF blew a gasket and major lube over the Army flying an armed fixed wing bird. Per the Key West Agreement of 1949 (?) the Air Force got fixed wing and the Army got rotors. Last of 'em weren't retired till after DS/DS.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just want a C130 to go pickup my toys from GL. Or to haul my toys somewheres to go play with.

maynard83

I too would much rather have an OV-10D Bronco. I know they use a lot of them (OV-10A's) with the CDF and US Forest Service as spotter planes and also in the drug wars (OV-10D's) with the DOD or DEA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks