• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

56 reo front axle sprag

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Your front axle only works when your rear tires slip. Do you have a tree near you that you cant pull down with your truck? Tie your Deuce off to the tree , have someone watch the wheels and start to move , have them watch to see if the front tires start to pull. Do the same in reverse.
If not then it might need to be adjusted or might not work at all. -Jay

Barrman

Keep your fingers and thumbs out of the steering wheel when you do this. The front axle engages when the rear tire achieve a 6% spin. Then, presto chango, the front tires are spinning. If the wheel is turned, one tires gets good traction or something like that. Then the steering wheel will spin in your hands. Thumbs up and pinkies down will save you.

The theory is that the front will engage before the rears start hopping around. If your rears are hoppin around and spinning with the front never even engaging. Then you need to download the pre 1965 -20 manual for the M35. It walks you through how to adjust the sprag and how to test it. The official test does not include a tree or spinning the rear tires by the way.

wdbtchr

I use a steep hill out in the woods, just try to go up forward or reverse. If the front axle engages I can go up or down.:roll:That way I don't need a second person to watch the front wheels.

waayfast

First, welcome to the site!When the guys speak of the "TM,s", they mean the technical manuals. Lucky for you(all of us:)) the site has provided for free the TM,s.

Look at the top of the page --find and click on "resources",second line down--Tech Manuals.

Happy reading and enjoy!
JIm

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks