• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m38a1

Navigator

Hi Everyone,
I purchased a 1967 m38a1 about 6 months ago. It is quite ironic. Iwas not a jeep fan by no means,however my son has been for years. He is currently rebuilding a 1984 .He is rebuilding it for road and off road with lift kits and parts that i do not even know what they do. Anyway not to burden everyone , Iwanted to have something in common so we could bond a little more. I must say I'M IN LOVE WITH THE JEEP! It certainly grew on me.
So far I have replaced all the brake parts , the usual wheel cylinders,shoes ,flex lines, brake lines, master cylinder and all brass fittings.
It was great, seeing what I had done, until I filled the master with dot #5 brake fluid. Leaks everywhere.But managed to get it back in control except for two lines. Both come off the master cylinder,one to the front and one to the rear. I have gone from making new lines to purchasing pre made lines,but no luck. They both leak about a drop of fluid every two hours. I'm at a loss as to how I can correct this problem.
My second issue is starting my jeep.It has all the original 24 volt system etc. The only wire that I think has been changed is the wire running to the ignition switch. I had the generator look at and is in perfect condition. Lights and flashers work along with dash lights. I changed points ,condensor, rotor, and distributor cap. I pulled the number 1 plug and turned engine over and had a spark. My only concern was that it did not seem to be a brilliant blue spark.
From there I put the plug and wire back in and tried starting the vehicle by pouring some gas down the carb. I did get a few grunts as if it wanted to continue. That was short lived. I think it was flooded. I pulled all plugs and cleaned ,checking plug gap. I reinsatalled all plugs and wires . I then hook up a gerry can to the gas line from the tank. I disconnected the gas line from the carburator and primed the system. Once gas flowed , I reconnected the gas line to the carb. I then tried to start my jeep. No luck,not even a bark.
Can any one shed some light on these two issues I have. Note how do I test the coil? I did use a test light and am getting current on both sides of the coil. Enough of this.
Here are some pictues of my project. I want to get it running ,then I will decide which way to go. I realy like the looks of the jeep as it stands. anyway,thanks all.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks