PDA

View Full Version : WC 62/63 Cargo Boxes

WolfWalking
01-10-2011, 23:11
I have a choice to make and am hoping for some help. I have A WC 63, one I can finally rebuild. In my search for the truck I acquired cargo boxes for a 1 1/2 ton, but they aren't the right ones for this VIN. There were 3 variations of boxes, V1 long and all metal, V2 long and metal/wood, V3 metal/wood w/driver side shorter. My VIN is V2, but the boxes I have are V1. I know I can just work with the twisted metal I have, but does anyone out there know someone with V2 boxes that needs V1.

V1, V2, V3 are not registered trademarks, nor do they imply the experiance/intelligence level of the member :-)

nattieleather
01-11-2011, 10:57
Could you convert your all metal box to a wood box? V1 into V2? I don't know that's why I'm aksing.

WolfWalking
01-11-2011, 23:11
I have considered that, it looks like it can be done, but that will be a last resort. I kinda don't want to destroy a "rare" item that someone else can use if I can help it. I won't be ready for boxes at all for months(years? LOL) so its not an immediate issue. Just hoping the right trade can be made, make it great for all concerned.

jzimm999
01-11-2011, 23:36
Midwest Military has a late box for sale...........not the best shape, but he may know of others.

WC 62/63 Cargo Box For Sale (http://www.midwestmil.com/wc6263cargoboxsale.html)

WolfWalking
01-13-2011, 22:29
I have seen the one John at MWM has, looks comparable to mine in condition. I have emailed him but haven't heard back. The secondary issue is he is in the midwest, I am north of Seattle. Makes for some expensive shipping.

68427vette
01-14-2011, 15:41
i may have a set,,, but i'm in ohio,, thery are i believe the V2,, i could use a set of V1, for my serial number 258(cowl tag) they are metal/wood, same size(i think)lenghts. they are stored away for now,,

WolfWalking
01-14-2011, 23:16
Thats the kind of situation I am hoping for, tho closer would be better. Which boxes you need are better determined by VIN, the book I have that info in is at work. If you give me your VIN I can tell you which boxes you need monday. Now if we could come up with a cheap shipping source. I will get some more recent pictures of mine if you like, and send them on.