• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC 62/63 Cargo Boxes

WolfWalking

I have a choice to make and am hoping for some help. I have A WC 63, one I can finally rebuild. In my search for the truck I acquired cargo boxes for a 1 1/2 ton, but they aren't the right ones for this VIN. There were 3 variations of boxes, V1 long and all metal, V2 long and metal/wood, V3 metal/wood w/driver side shorter. My VIN is V2, but the boxes I have are V1. I know I can just work with the twisted metal I have, but does anyone out there know someone with V2 boxes that needs V1.

V1, V2, V3 are not registered trademarks, nor do they imply the experiance/intelligence level of the member :)

WolfWalking

I have considered that, it looks like it can be done, but that will be a last resort. I kinda don't want to destroy a "rare" item that someone else can use if I can help it. I won't be ready for boxes at all for months(years? LOL) so its not an immediate issue. Just hoping the right trade can be made, make it great for all concerned.

WolfWalking

I have seen the one John at MWM has, looks comparable to mine in condition. I have emailed him but haven't heard back. The secondary issue is he is in the midwest, I am north of Seattle. Makes for some expensive shipping.

68427vette

i may have a set,,, but i'm in ohio,, thery are i believe the V2,, i could use a set of V1, for my serial number 258(cowl tag) they are metal/wood, same size(i think)lenghts. they are stored away for now,,

WolfWalking

Thats the kind of situation I am hoping for, tho closer would be better. Which boxes you need are better determined by VIN, the book I have that info in is at work. If you give me your VIN I can tell you which boxes you need monday. Now if we could come up with a cheap shipping source. I will get some more recent pictures of mine if you like, and send them on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks