• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cheap fuel for Haspin 2011?

How many gallons do you think you might get?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 9 32.1%

Votes: 1 3.6%

Votes: 7 25.0%

Votes: 3 10.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 500+

• Total voters

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Because by summer we may have $4 a gallon diesel, I'm offering to bring a 5000gal tanker of JP-8, WMO, and diesel blend (Clean, tested, and certified). I used to be an Oil King on a ship, so I can/and do test the fuel blends, and get them as close to pump diesel in viscosity and flashpoint as possible. I'll filter it to 5 mic. So you shouldn't have any issue if you want to burn it in say a 5 ton or CUCV.

I've posted a poll, to see how much I could 'presell'. I would like to bring the tanker full, but as long as I can get rid of 2500 or more, I will fill it and bring it. I just want to try to come back empty. Just vote for the closest you think, round to the nearest number.

Is there a need/want for this? I know doc brought some of his oil last year, and wouldn't want to cut into his sales. But with as many people going from my 'area' up, it would be kind of nice to carry our own up there, and fuel us all up on the way up, and sell the excess to the rest of the rally attendees. Might also encourage more people from down our way to go, if the price of fuel was cheap.

Maybe with cheap fuel, the great Haspin naysayer Clinto would join us in the fun...:deadhorse: But I doubt it. :D

So if I do, bring anything that holds fuel and show up to Haspin sucking fumes. I don't want to be hauling it back.

I could get it and blend it, sell it for $2 a gallon, so doc and I aren't 'competing'. Or, I'll even wait until doc sells all of his, before I open my valves.

And no, I won't be towing it with the m818. This also depends on if I get a m915 by then or not, but it is looking very good for the next month or two. The WVO hauling is taking off bigtime.

Just answer the poll with what you think you would buy, rounded down. Right now, with the 5 people I know are going from here, plus the two trucks of my own, we will burn about 750 gallons right there.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think if you gave the stuff away, Clinto wouldn't come! I'd like to go to Haspin but its the 2 days up and 2 days back that put a wrench in my plans.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I would be real careful about this, a few hundred gal. of home made fuel is one thing, 2500-5000 gal. of UNTAXED home brew is another

Westech

CPL
73 I think it is for OFFROAD use only at the park. in no way is he saying drive it on the road... its just while we are there..... I know I use a TON of fuel off road in a 6x6 for a week.[thumbzup]

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 'blenders' license, and part of the $2 a gallon will go to pay the taxes on it.

so no worries there. I'll give everyone a bill of sale, listing the taxes.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
73 I think it is for OFFROAD use only at the park. in no way is he saying drive it on the road... its just while we are there..... I know I use a TON of fuel off road in a 6x6 for a week.[thumbzup]
Thank YOU, good thought, I just dont want a great deed to get someone in deep do-do

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will basically be blending a huge batch of what I blend and run in almost all my stuff now, from my m818, m109, and dodge 2500.

I'll put it this way, I drove 300 miles round trip, with the tanker empty, except for 20 miles loaded across Charleston, SC. And I did all that on one 50 gallon fillup.

Last edited:

augiedoggy

Ferrofuel !

Hey Adam, i put down 50 gals in the poll, but still working on my newly acquired "what a junker" M818. I'm totally new to this, so I'm not sure how much i'll use at haspin. I should arrive there friday evening and stay till sunday good lord willing and if I can leave "murphy" at home. By the way, its your fault I bought an 818 one finger power steering and all! :driver:(thank you!)

Stonepicker1

I wanted to go this year, but I have Annual Training durning the Haspin dates.

Adam, sure wish I had some of that fuel down here. I spend $100 each week going to work. I would fill both of my aux fuel tanks(95 gal ea) and all of my 5 gal fuel cans(50 of them). lol

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lets see. M814, 78 gal tank, of which she only sucks of 65 before getting air. 6 MPG(if I am lucky) and it's about 600 miles to Haspin, one way. 2 tanks up, 2 tanks down, carry the one, divide by 6, add in a fudge factor, and I will take 400 gallons, thank you very much. Can I just run a hose directly to the tank? :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks