• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cheap fuel for Haspin 2011?

How many gallons do you think you might get?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 9 32.1%

Votes: 1 3.6%

Votes: 7 25.0%

Votes: 3 10.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 500+

• Total voters

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your right, I forgot we like to plan that one a year in advance... :roll:

I haven't forgotten at all, I want to see how well this works, and if it goes over well, I hope to have the same deal in GA.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If i can find a reasonable priced fuel skid i would take 600 of that or Docs fuel.
keep in mind anything over about 100 gallons in any tanks other than fuel supply for truck will require a CDL with haz-mat endorsment and plac-cards

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got all that too, just need the Haz-mat insurance. But soon, with the number of WVO and bio loads I will have, I can afford it.

I basically buy this fuel from the AFB where I work. They have way more than I can store/use, so I figured I would go to the the trouble and help everyone out.

Who will be the new coveted guy every rally will want to attend? Ferro :cool:

srodocker

seriously....you need a west coast trip! oh wait you are alaska! hahaha

how did you get into getting all that WVO? i find it pretty cool and would be sweet to get into, right now i only have like 70gal of WMO hehe

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got all that too, just need the Haz-mat insurance. But soon, with the number of WVO and bio loads I will have, I can afford it.

I basically buy this fuel from the AFB where I work. They have way more than I can store/use, so I figured I would go to the the trouble and help everyone out.

Who will be the new coveted guy every rally will want to attend? Ferro :cool:
alot of duece owners don't even have a CDL I just post this because alot of people don't realize the requirements to move fuel . You can't just go out and buy a 600 gallon tank and chain it in the back of a duece and head down the highway. I'm ure it varies state to state but I know michigan limits the number of 5 gallon cans you can carry . The D.O.T. around here just loves writing tickets to the landscapers for excess fuel

Sevin7

By the way, its your fault I bought an 818 one finger power steering and all! :driver:(thank you!)
It was Adam, crusing in those Haspin ruts, one-handed, that was the catalyst for me, as well, to upgrade to the M818. Meanwhile, I am hanging on for dear life, thumbs outside the wheel. So the decision seemed like a no-brainer.

Anyways, I'm adding (at least) 100 gallons to the poll. Looking forward to it!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah Jason,
Plus the 400 or so the other 'convoyers' would burn. I'm assuming.

So, just need to sell about 500 more to make it 2500, then I'll bring it.

SPC_romaine

I put me down for 250 but i dont think ill use that much for round trip but ill pay for that much anyway for just having you do this, and to help cove a ticket if you get one. lol:beer:

But we can follow each other on the way up and down

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks