• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151A1 Some assembly required

natem

Thanks. This is one of those projects that just go on forever. Ya know how it is you get a lot done then something comes up and nothing for a month or two. Driving me crazy, but i hope to have enough done to offer it at Findlay(or take offer). If some one wants to see different/better angles of unibody const. just ask.

Nate

Attachments

hotdogs151a2

Natem, now I am depressed (one year). I have an A2 that I disassembled in 2001.
I know all about sidetracked. I think I invented sidetracked. I am almost finished with the welding.
Part of my problem is I am not 30 anymore.
How is your progress?

hotdogs151a2

Hello General:
I love your collection. Shoot together we have a small Army. I was looking through my manuals for a 5 ton poster question, and I ran across a TM. Did I see an MKT in your lineup? The TM is TM-10-7360-206-13 KITCHEN, FIELD, TRAILER MOUNTED MKT-75, MKT-75A & MKT-82. Dated 1 JUNE 1984. Like new too.
I think this TM has found a new home!
Anyway good to hear from you. I hope all is well with you. PM me sometime and lets swap stories.
Also if you want the TM, I will get to you. I work in Columbia and all over the state.
Thanks, Pvt Hotdog

RWG

The 151 is looking good. Your photos show a week spot in the design. And you are very right about that. When I was in germany, I jumped a 151a2 off the ground after going into a hole in the road where an m60 tank had wallowed out. When I hit the ground the 151 broke right in front of the rear tires. The body was touching the ground. You talk about a professional butt chewing. My first sergeant had me on crap detail for months.

hotdogs151a2

RWG:
Those 1stSGT just don't understand do they? Man they can get bad with the butt chew outs. I can say that I needed everyone of them. I spent a lot of time on S*#T burner detail,............ not good!
Thanks for sharing your life, Pvt. Hotdog

natem

Well I got back in shop today, just a couple of hours. Sorry no new pics I only sanded plug welds and planed the next step or two. I really need to spend more time at it just for the distraction if nothing else. Hope to accomplish something this week and get some pics up.

Nate

natem

One piece at a time, ya know the Johnny Cash song. That's what sticks in the back of my mind as I work some time's. It took him 20yrs to get his Caddy. :cookoo: The small parts take the longest time to fix. I think I have twenty hours in these.

Nate

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks