• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SC Rally!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave Cartledge keeps talking about having one here in Columbia. So far we have been satisfied with doing historic displays, such as Armies Through Time last weekend in Camden, the Veterans Day Weekend in Charleston in November, the SC State Museum exhibit in August and that sort of thing. For those who want to ride trails, the Uwharrie Rally Apr 23-24 in NC, and the GA Rally Oct 19-23 seem to satisfy most folk.

Jimma

There will be a MV show / display in Pickens, SC on April 16th, 2011. It will be at the Annual Pickens Azalea Festival. I posted info. Search for it on here.

3dAngus

Pickens? I'm going to Charleston this weekend too. I wish they would have one down in that area. So much to see and do.

For the people going to Pickens, and I hope you get a great turnout, enjoy, and please send the rest of us doing without, many pictures. It might help for the following year too.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I know lots of folks want to have local rallys but they are hard to coordinate and you really need a host location that is MV friendly.

Also the cost of fuel is limiting a lot of folks to a few rallys or events a year.

The GA Rally is well organized, not too far away from most of SC and has a great turnout.

Mini-rallys are popular and can be held on private property for a day.

I guess it depends on if you have a motivated organizer that can put it all together.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll have a mini rally at my place so all the SC folks can do a meetngreet. Not sure when though. What works for everyone?

I was setting up my brewery last night... hehehe

And plenty of places to sleep in the barn. lol

There's over an acre of horse pastures (no horses or horse droppings) for the trucks to park, and people could camp there too.

Attachments

blazerboy

I'll have a mini rally at my place so all the SC folks can do a meetngreet. Not sure when though. What works for everyone?

I was setting up my brewery last night... hehehe

And plenty of places to sleep in the barn. lol

There's over an acre of horse pastures (no horses or horse droppings) for the trucks to park, and people could camp there too.
You sure have a very nice place there.:beer:

SPC_romaine

"MV show / display in Pickens, SC on April 16th, 2011"

Ill go to it just cuz im going to be board with nuthing to do so just hit me up and we can meet up or somthing.

SmokeyDod

To SPC-Romaine,,,, Hope you get up to Pickens. They are going to have about 40 vechicles I understand. I have a M1010 amb., M1031 maint truck w/generator, M1009 blazer and my son's M35 that he converted the bed to make it "DUMP". If you know kinda when you will be there, I would like to meet you just PM me .
I can't be there all time as I am STILL trying to get tax info together. Little late-alot rushed.
Smokey

hotdogs151a2

It does not appear that us South Carolina boys are as good as the Georgia boys are at getting together.
I wonder if we could change that?
Thanks, Hotdog

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You ain't got enough room for me to turn my 814 around, with out having to go around the block.:jumpin:

hotdogs151a2

Mr. EDM567:
As Mr. Jerry Clower (God rest his sole) said, you will have to go to the airport to turn that thing around.
The Aiken airport is a nice airport.
Mr. Ferro said he has an acre to park trucks.
Thanks, Hotdog

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am yanking ferro's chain, which I try to do every time I get a chance. And yes, Ferro does have enough room for me to swing the 814. At least he better, as the 814 is coming to his house to spend the weekend before we jump off for Haspin.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks