• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SC Rally!

3dAngus

I gotcha. No worries.

I was just throwing that out there for consideration. I don't really mean to intrude.

It's just that with fuel costs, back to back rallies might impede on one or the other and I wanted to make sure it was a consideration, if at all possible.

Thanks, and good luck for the SC rally. I apologize for the intrusion.

exbrown

I gotcha. No worries.

I was just throwing that out there for consideration. I don't really mean to intrude.

It's just that with fuel costs, back to back rallies might impede on one or the other and I wanted to make sure it was a consideration, if at all possible.

Thanks, and good luck for the SC rally. I apologize for the intrusion.

No reason to apologize. The Ga Rally is a great event, and I would not want to hold a competing rally. If SC can end up with one half that good it would be a win. No one wants to compete with the different events, but just having different options is good. Due to fuel cost, some may could come to a SC event that would not travel to the GA Rally. Others may not be able to make the Ga Rally due to the date. I have missed several events that I would have attended if my schedule had been different.

Thanks for reminding of the possible conflict.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want to have a 'static' rally, the SC Museum is having a miniature models day on Aug 13 in Columbia. A lot of the local group will be there in the real thing, along with military historians in authentic outfits from Roman Centurions to the present day. Groups and individuals not part of the exhibit can park in the main lot on Gervais St and do a tour of the exhibits and chit chat with the others. Be prepared to arrive by 9am, earlier will be better as far as driving in the hot weather is concerned.

exbrown

jwaller,

I wonder if there is a recreational park where people can just pay a fee for entrance in S,C. kinda like Durhamtown in Georgia. Maybe somewhere where people can take out their 4 wheelers or motorcycles and ride them. If so, everybody wins.

Good luck, and thanks for looking into it.

This may be an option:

Gulches Off Road Vehicle Park

6850 Indian Mound Rd Laurens Cnty, SC 29384

exbrown

This may be an option:

6850 Indian Mound Rd Laurens Cnty, SC 29384

Just got an email back stating that Gulches was interested in discussing a SC Rally.

Not sure if there is enough interest in this to warrant going forward or not. Let me know. We may need to get a few people together and discuss this.

Date, location and how many are interested in taking this project on will have to be determined. I am willing to help, regardless of the location. My work schedule is the only factor for me.

I am sure that several other locations can be found.

3dAngus

You can count me in for paying for one day, maybe two. If something came up where I could not make it, I would donate my paid for ticket to another SSer. Thanks for all your efforts.

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I second the nomination for Gulches Off Road Park. I just relocated to Anderson, SC, so I live about 30-40 miles from the park. And, since I now have an M1010, I can come play with all of the other MV owners.

I'm starting a new job Monday, but after the new-job jitters go away I could probably help organize since I'm so close to the place. Thanks.

exbrown

Decided to check out Gulches today. Owner was very nice and interested in a rally.

Here is what I saw

There is a small campimg area beside the office and another small field beside it that can accomodate some campers. There are also 10 campsites down by the river with fire rings.
The owner will allow others to camp around the outer trail as needed.
There is a shower, bath and kitchen available 24 hrs a day.
I need to take a deuce and drive the outer loop to see if there needs to be any trimming to get the big trucks around. I rode around in a jeep, but did not see anything that looked like my deuce would not go.

For the people interested in helping, we need to get together and discuss this and some other options.

Looks like a Deuce can navigate the outer loop and possibly some others.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Exbrown, I will gladly help plan.

I think the first or second weekend in November would be good.

And there was some action Angus, I already offered a place if we couldn't find anywhere else.

hotdogs151a2

Is a South Carolina Rally possible?
If we can't work out a Rally time or place, how about a meet at a restaurant? It doesn't require alot of planing, you just have to be hungry.
Your MV may need refueling on some Saturday and it could take you by a Cracker Barrel and you might be staving.
Thanks, Hotdog

goatijoe

there is no where to ride in the up state around rock hill i just wish there was a place that was not almost 1-2 hr away in a car much less the ride in a mv that far you have to add time to it just becuse of the speed you cant run down the road. is there any more mv around my area that has places closer to go or any one that lives this way just let me know