• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ralley in Mid West

papamoose62

Can anyone tell me it there is a ralley being planned in the Mid-West? North or South Dakota, Oregon, Utah, Montana? I have an MKT that needs to be used at a ralley.

steelandcanvas

Even though we are not in the Mid-West, the Military Vehicle Collectors of Colorado are kicking around the idea of hosting a ralley. Any experience in hosting a ralley?

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello fom ND papamoose we did have one planned in central MN this summer but the offroad park we were going to have it in had so much rain this Spring and Summer that most of the park was closed to ALL off road vehicles but keep an eye out because we are going to try again and would very much like to have you there! Stay in contact Papamoose
KK

sierra117

I really hope we can get a rally going on up here can never afford to go to the rally in the south or get enough time off etheir

Danger Ranger

How about hurry up and have one in IOWA, maybe Ames....I happen to be on a campus with a lot of space and an ROTC....just a couple thoughts.
Go ISU!

Danger Ranger

I am only a little confused with your post....BSU? and what are you hinting at with grab the bull by the horns? Are you saying I should try to work something out with campus officials? I bet it could be done, and central Iowa is about as central as it gets...

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have about 4 other guys and 1 woman with an M-37 who would sure be game to participate in a MN rally please keep me posted and I would do anything I can to help put it together, especially if we get to drive out trucks off road!
KK

Flyingvan911

All you really need for a rally is some land, somewhere to use the bathroom/wash up, and some guys to get together. That's the way it is down at D-Day. We drive around, hang out, and shoot the breeze. I will post pics next week.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you guys do a search under under "MN Get together" you will see all the information that we had put out for the rally we had planned this last summer (before it got rained out) the Off Highway Vehicle park was very open to having us and it was located in Appleton MN, they had camping areas, showers and a lot of off road trails of different difficulty levels it would have been a really great time. Take a look at this and if we can put this together it would be a very great event!
KK

steelandcanvas

I am only a little confused with your post....BSU? and what are you hinting at with grab the bull by the horns? Are you saying I should try to work something out with campus officials? I bet it could be done, and central Iowa is about as central as it gets...
BSU = Boise State University. You mentioned ISU so I thought I'd throw that in. And yes, that's exactly what I meant. There are times if you wait for someone else to deal with something, it just doesn't get done. Our Club is in the process of a feasibility study, and the site is a very critical item.

AaronW

Our Club is in the process of a feasibility study, and the site is a very critical item.
Feasibility study? You guys sure are serious.:) I started an annual rally three years ago on just the basis of fun. Do we get to hang out and drive trucks? Yup. It's more than feasible!

Seriously, location and facilities are important to consider. I have check lists if you need them. PM me if needed.

135gmc

Great idea! For some reason, the midwest seems to be just past the ends of the earth when events are being planned. Maybe it's because most MIL bases are in the south and near the coasts, but we do have MVs here in MN.

CobraCDR

Karl-

I remember the traffic about the "MN get together", too bad it didn't happen, sounded like a VERY good place to conduct it. Maybe sometime next summer or fall we can try again. From this thread and the others, it sounds like we have a strong interest in something "up north" since it would break the bank (and probably the truck) driving down to all the ralleys in the south. Maybe even some winter driving - put the 6x6 to the test.

135gmc

I used to have an M37, but I kept moving my head to see around the wiper motor. Sold that and bought an M135. SOld the M135 when a friend of mine pulled out his checkbook and said HOW MUCH? Its hard to turn dowm HOW MUCH.... I'm rebuilding an S250 shelter right now, and looking at a PU. The 135 was fun to drive, but I was getting killed on the price of gas - 50+ gallons X $4 per gallon when I sold it, and 4-6 MPG (with a tailwind...)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks