• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ralley in Mid West

CobraCDR

I know of probably at least a half dozen other MV owners in the metro area that would be game. We'll just have to start small and build it up from there.

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

Feasibility study? You guys sure are serious.:) I started an annual rally three years ago on just the basis of fun. Do we get to hang out and drive trucks? Yup. It's more than feasible!
Seriously, location and facilities are important to consider. I have check lists if you need them. PM me if needed.
I like the way you think however, most folks interested in MV's within a 150 mile radius from Denver, already belong to the Club. We are trying to interest people from the surrounding states such as Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, and Utah. We would like to do a little more than "hang out and drive trucks", we already do that a few times a month. The feasibility study will provide us information to see if we could pull this off or not. The Club would not like to go to all the set-up expense, and have about a dozen folks show up. We're talking a Regional Rally here. We already have the site, we just need to find some out-of-state interest, and plan some things to do. Water, Porta-Potties, and basic support facilities are a no-brainer, trying to provide some fun, interesting, family oriented things to do, well, that takes a little more effort.

desert demon

Howdy ya all.My name is Scott and new here my self.Was wondering if any one has ever thought of maybe haveing a rally in Moab Ut.I live in Salt Lake Ut and have been there once.Its my understanding there are many diffrent rated trails there to go explore and test the toys.Dont know just thinking out loud.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Morning Scott I like your suggestion but for ME and my friends we would prefer to stay in the MIDWEST for this Rally MOAB would be awesome but not for my Deuce, its NOT a rock crawler and the transportation cost to go that far would deter almost everybody I know in MN, ND and SD, good suggestion but again I would prefer to stay in the Midwest!
KK

CobraCDR

The deuce is good offroad, but it's NOT a rock crawler or good on those narrow mountain trails. Heck, we should just have a rally in a big snow filled parking lot this winter! Test out that 6x6 action... I think the midwest can provide a little snow for us.

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

Good Morning Scott I like your suggestion but for ME and my friends we would prefer to stay in the MIDWEST for this Rally MOAB would be awesome but not for my Deuce, its NOT a rock crawler and the transportation cost to go that far would deter almost everybody I know in MN, ND and SD, good suggestion but again I would prefer to stay in the Midwest!
KK
Is Denver too far?

desert demon

Thats cool.I was just thinking out loud with the mild trails in Moab.I still need to get my M37 running wich may take till next summer.Yes Denver could work with some planning on my end.:beer:

J.Z.

rally

Hey all,I have an 80 acre farm in Lonsdale,MN..I would be willing to host a rally of sorts at the farm...60 acres rolling hills that just had the beans taken out...I would need some help,but I thought I would offer....winter would be ok,summer is fine,if it is muddy we would make a mess and probally ruin the fields for planting....It is so dry out at the farm now that it would not matter...thanks,,,J.Z.

CobraCDR

We will have to either do something simple this winter or look at something more official in summer / fall 2012. I won't be back in the states until after the holidays. My A3 was good when I bought it this summer, but I haven't been there to do anything with it or even pick it up since then. Something in the metro area would be fun, and after I have next summer to catch up on all the maintenance I would be game for something further out.

skunkriver

2012 Iowa All Breeds Jeep Show & 4X4 Swapmeet

I dont know what is formally a " RALLY" but in Iowa on sept 22-23 2012 we host the Iowa All Breeds Jeep show and one part of this show is specifically for MVPA type vehicles. the club that hosts this is at
www.jocci.com or you can call Larry at 515-708-0080

skunkriver

2012 Iowa All Breeds Jeep Show & 4X4 Swapmeet

We have put on this event the last two years and the event gets bigger and better every year.
there is some video on youtube .
we are always looking for help and input to make it a better event .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks