• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GSA only source for goats?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've seen a goat that was on GL, but it required demil. Is it safe to assume that GSA is the only way to get a complete one? Or is there any other source?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I am pretty sure GSA can't even sell them whole.
There's been a few posts in here that mentioned about them being there. As to them being demiled or not, I'm not sure. At that point, you'd be buying from a local LE or ES organization most likely.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's the issue IF they are for sale. I know where at least 10 are, but not for sale. Sure would like to get one up and running! :driver:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen a goat that was on GL, but it required demil. Is it safe to assume that GSA is the only way to get a complete one? Or is there any other source?
What are you looking to get one for? I may have a source for one semi-close.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've seen it on the list twice now. Might want to inquire about a title before purchase.
Title doesn't mean a thing to me in Georgia.

ebay has a few
One, and apparently the guy doesn't want to sell it that bad. You'd think he'd either reply back to my emails or offers. I've even figured out his account here and not heard anything back from him.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What do they make you do to the front unit? Crush it, cut in half, shred? I'm wondering if the de-mil can be reversed?
I can't find the governments exact words but it pretty much says destruction so that no one piece can be used again or returned to any form of service.

Basically it has to be chewed up scrap metal.

Some Demil witnesses will say cutting off this or that will work for them, and sign off on it being demiled. Others will require nothing that you can identify be left.

Last edited:

135gmc

Many of the goats went to the Forest Service and to local fire departments. When they sell one, it would probably just be a straight sale, with no de-mil required. The Boy Scouts also probably have some floating around as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks