• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A1 Rims/Tires

sxemike

I just bought a M101A1. It came with what looks like the original tires so I switched them out for a set of 245/75 16s. I think they should work well for a while. I'm going to eventually replace the axle so I can match the 6 lug rims on my jeep but I need a spare rim/tire until I can do that. Is there somewhere that sells them? I put up a wanted ad but no hits yet. Are there any surplus places where I could order a spare? If they're going to be expensive, I'll just speed up my axle replacement.

Here's the trailer the day I got it. I used some cheap magnetic lights but I rewired it and added LEDs to the original military housing. I'll try to get some pictures tonight with the new tires....they look pretty funny.

sxemike

That's what I thought.. :(

I've seen a bunch of people switch the axle out...but I haven't heard what they did with the axle, rims and tires when they're done.

sxemike

It seems like it's in pretty good shape. It pulls nice behind the truck but I got it for this:

I think it will sit level behind the jeep. I just picked up the trailer tonight after a friend put the tires on. The truck is a little more reliable so I left the jeep at home.

I'm planning on building a little camping rig out off it.....it will just take some time.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You've asked this very question in at least 5 threads.

DO NOT do it again.

We call this cross-posting. It is not allowed.

I suggest you bump the thread you started for shock information, or PM the other members that posted anything related(where you posted the same question multiple times).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks