• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A1 Rims/Tires

sxemike

I just bought a M101A1. It came with what looks like the original tires so I switched them out for a set of 245/75 16s. I think they should work well for a while. I'm going to eventually replace the axle so I can match the 6 lug rims on my jeep but I need a spare rim/tire until I can do that. Is there somewhere that sells them? I put up a wanted ad but no hits yet. Are there any surplus places where I could order a spare? If they're going to be expensive, I'll just speed up my axle replacement.

Here's the trailer the day I got it. I used some cheap magnetic lights but I rewired it and added LEDs to the original military housing. I'll try to get some pictures tonight with the new tires....they look pretty funny.

sxemike

That's what I thought.. :(

I've seen a bunch of people switch the axle out...but I haven't heard what they did with the axle, rims and tires when they're done.

sxemike

It seems like it's in pretty good shape. It pulls nice behind the truck but I got it for this:

I think it will sit level behind the jeep. I just picked up the trailer tonight after a friend put the tires on. The truck is a little more reliable so I left the jeep at home.

I'm planning on building a little camping rig out off it.....it will just take some time.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You've asked this very question in at least 5 threads.

DO NOT do it again.

We call this cross-posting. It is not allowed.

I suggest you bump the thread you started for shock information, or PM the other members that posted anything related(where you posted the same question multiple times).