• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Solargizer

Mike_L

Yep, but I see he ships UPS which is a little more than USPS sometimes. I've noticed a lot of vendors ship that way or via a flat rate that seems steep. If I see that and think it could be cheaper, I always contact them and ask them if they will ship flat rate Priority or Parcel Post or Media (for manuals and like). Most of the time they are willing to do so. Every once in a while, someone will say no and then I don't deal with them if I can find it elsewhere.

My Solargizer shipped for free when I bought it a couple years back off ebay. It came in the little white factory box with Priority Mail labels and I think it had about $4-5 postage on it when it showed. Still, with free shipping, I paid $50 so all in all, not a bad deal.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"...it is mounted on the hood..." Darwin T

I've been keeping mine inside the passenger window leaning against the latch. It'll be tarped for the winter so that won't work.

I take it from this post that the solar panel is generally weatherproof, correct?
Panel is weatherproof and should be mounted outside in direct sunlight. Per a conversation I had with a tech at Pulsetech, he said the effectiveness is dramatically reduced if behind glass, especially tinted glass.

SteveKuhn

"...the effectiveness is dramatically reduced if behind glass..." - 319

Makes sense but I didn't consider that. Outside she goes. One of my friend's jeeps has it outside too and he's had it for some time. No trouble.

Steve

just bought a solargizer for 40 bucks from ebay and am looking forward to mounting it up on my m1009.

where do most of you mount these on the roof or on the hood near the base of the windshield?

AmericanHaole

I just bought one for $40 and plan to put it on the hood on the passenger's side like Darwin from Texas described.

For standard batteries, I think everyone should consider de-sulphation tool. I happen to think Solargizer did a great job at that price. I wouldn't have considered it if it was hundreds of dollars.

The people who have contributed to this thread have been very knowledgable and helped me make an educated decision. Thanks. [thumbzup]

Rustygears

I put my solargizer panel on top of the hardtop cab for max exposure. It's pretty much invisible from any angle except looking down from above. I used RTV to attach it and also used a couple small blobs of RTV to dress the wires inside fiber sleeving along the back of the cab. I mounted the control box inside the battery compartment on the outside of the battery tub with the LED facing out and used a set of Powerpole connectors to attach to the battery terminals.

wsucougarx

Just bought 3 on ebay for $30 each;-). They were listed for more but it never hurts to ask if they'll accept a lower price. Paid off this time;-). Two units are going in my "5 ton anticipation" box.

HighPlainsPrepper

Solargizer Technical Question

I've read somewhere that if you have 12v batteries connected in series giving you 24v, and you also have one battery tapped for 12v, then you should be using a multi-bank charger.

So the question is, if a guy had two IS-24-L (6-24v) chargers, are there any benefits to using one on each battery, or is this just a waste? I'm leaning towards just hooking one side to the negative of the front battery and the other side to the positive of the rear as that seems to be the popular way to do it.

Discussion? Pros/Cons? Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks