• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starting my M146 Build

agazza2

Nice job agazza! The boxes and bumper look great! You can never have enough storage!
A bumper like that is in my plans.
How much room between the boxes underneath?
Rayzer, Thanks. There is 41" between the boxes, and 70" long. I think that will leave enough room for my storage tanks. I also added a bracket at the fron to support the generator, but found out one of the cross beams on the trailer is about 1/2' lower. So the generator will not slide in like I planned. I think I will remove it from its cage, and build an acoustic box around it to cut down on the noise.

agazza2

Finally had a chance to start working on the M146 trailer again. I used Lowe's fiberglass reinforced paneling on the upper half of the walls. These panels are easy to work with and can be cut easily and attached to the wall with heavy Duty liquid nail for a smooth surface. Next is the trim around the windows and crown molding for the ceiling. I will start building the top and bottom sections of window trim this week in my garage, and find some time to do the installation. Might have to get the AC in soon, as the 106 degree temperatures restrict me to only working about 4 hours on the weekend mornings.

I started to paint the bottom half of the wall white, but think I will go with the same color brown as the top or slightly darker to get the look I want. Also need to start on the remaining section of the kitchen soon.

Attachments

agazza2

Added another cabinet to have the cook top and have the same refrigerator behind the door. Still deciding whether to do stainless steal to this portion of the cabinet top or the same laminate top of the rest of the counter. Also need to add a a few more trim strips to the cabinets and put another coat of stainer and sealer.

Need to work on the bathroom next week and finish the walls once the DC electric wires are place for the DC lighting and water pump.

20140629_090341.jpg20140629_094942.jpg20140629_090105.jpg20140629_090055.jpg

agazza2

Wow looks great! When can I drop mine off? :)
Camoyj7 - Thank you. You can drop yours off right after I drop mine off and have you re-work the rear suspension. Great job your doing with raising your M146. I wouldn't changing my axle on mine to a 10 bolt so I can run the same spare as my M915.

agazza2

Additional work completed on the M146 over the last few weekends

Here are some more photos on the progress of my M146 from the past few weekends. I have added the plumbing pipes to get the waste water outside of the trailer. Looking to buy the black and grey water tanks soon to connect to the pipes. All plumbing fro fresh water is installed, and will be installing the tank for this once the pump arrives this week. Also worked on the bathroom and installed the crown molding, shower rod, window trim. Also moved the power boxes from the front wall into the storage area front wall.

Going to start working on the bottom trim for all windows next, and also building the framework in the top for a RV A/C unit. This will also require running 12/2 wire and a 20 amp breaker box. The A/C unit will be mounted where the blackout & 24volt light was located.

Attachments

agazza2

Looking great! What is your plan for the ceiling?
Camoyj7, I think I may do the fiberglass reinforced paneling from Lowes that I used on the walls for the ceiling. It is easy to work with, and secures to the plywood very well with the liquid nail. May then add some cross braces that are cosmetic, and I can use to support the fiberglass paneling. This I should be able to do with rivets, as they draw everything nice and tight, and are easy to remove if I have to in the future.

agazza2

Coming along nicely agazza!
Those cross members are no fun to drill through!
Rayzer, I think I may be able to use the hole saw maybe a few more times. But it sure good steel on those cross members. Once I get ready for the water heater, I may have some questions regarding the gas plumbing.

agazza2

Trailer progress 8/16

Working on the Fresh water tank. Decided to put it in side the driver side storage compartment. Have to finish the drain and vent tube tomorrow. Also started to make the bracket for the Dometic 13,500 BTU AC unit to sit on the roof. The bracket will attach to the existing bracing. Have to run 12/2 wire to this location, and put another fuse panel in to support the 20 amp circuit. Hoping to get the bracket installed tomorrow.

This AC requires a minimum of a 3.5k generator. So it will be time to get rid of the military 2k diesel generator and get something that will power the AC, and be a few decibels quieter.

20140816_090116.jpg20140816_090130.jpg20140816_090143.jpg20140816_095136.jpg20140816_095138.jpg20140816_095153.jpg20140816_095204.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks