• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starting my M146 Build

agazza2

What's the non-pump line go to? I see that it also comes from the tank.
Great question LowTech. The large tube is for gravity water fill, and the other small one on the bottom is for a tank water drain. There will be a forth line on top for the vent, which connects to the gravity water fill housing in picture 3. The drain I will hook up to a spicket on the outside of the storage box for low pressure to wash hands, or fill a small bucket.

agazza2

WFCO- WF8955 Convertor/Charger arrived

Received my WFCO-8955 Convertor Charge today. Looking forward to installing this and running all my AC/DC power through this and be able to power from Shore power/Generator power and solar power in the near future. This device also charges the battery from AC when it is plugged in. Attached are photos of the WFCO WF-8955 and the diagram how everything will be wired.
20140820_174536.jpg20140820_174551.jpg20140820_174659.jpgView attachment Power.pdf

RAYZER

These converters are great and a must in any rv build.
Stand alone Converters are also available separately from the fuse/breaker panels,I used a 55 amp stand alone.
If i may,for those that are planing rv builds and haven't researched the functions of a converter, when powered they automatically maintain the house batteries and supply power for the 12v system, most convertes will power the 12v system even if the batteries are off line.

agazza2

I agree Rayzer that these are a must for any RV build. The stand alone is also a great idea too. Thanks Rayzer for adding this additional information. It took me time to research all the options to figure out how to do these requirements to power both AC/DC.

Csm Davis

I am pulling all of the RV stuff off of a camper for my build and just so we can help everyone out if you buy a old trashed camper or motor home for cheap it is worth it to get the air and convertor and sometimes other parts. Many old rv's can be had for a few hundred dollars and the parts are worth much more than that.

Jakelc15

I also used separate AC DC converter. If I had got the deal on the WFCO you did I would have used that. What program did you use to make the wiring diagram that you posted? I need to make one because I know I won't remember how I installed stuff in a year or two!
Also what solar stuff are you planning on using? I can run my trailer indefinitely on solar with the 250 watt of panels I have now. It's nice to know the electric I use out there I don't have to pay for!

agazza2

Jakelc15 - I used Visio, but it could easily be done in word.I am still researching what others are using for Solar, and have read some long articles on the mistakes most solar panel installers make on RVs. I think I will by separate components instead of a kit. Probably go with a controller that lets you adjust the output to the battery. Open to suggestions which have worked for you. The solar install will happen sometime after October so I can get the other items on my list finished. I agree the free power will be nice to have and not have to always run the generator.

agazza2

I am pulling all of the RV stuff off of a camper for my build and just so we can help everyone out if you buy a old trashed camper or motor home for cheap it is worth it to get the air and convertor and sometimes other parts. Many old rv's can be had for a few hundred dollars and the parts are worth much more than that.
Csm Davis,

You are absolutely right. I have been watching for one to do just what you are talking about to get parts. Seems like in Phoenix though, there are many RV recyclers/Salvage yards that want them just as much as me. There have been a few 30' 5th wheels for free that needed work. I guess I need to have another hitch on my M915 to be able to go and get one of these. Thanks for you suggestion.

Csm Davis

Csm Davis,

You are absolutely right. I have been watching for one to do just what you are talking about to get parts. Seems like in Phoenix though, there are many RV recyclers/Salvage yards that want them just as much as me. There have been a few 30' 5th wheels for free that needed work. I guess I need to have another hitch on my M915 to be able to go and get one of these. Thanks for you suggestion.
Thought the 915 had the small fifth wheel?

agazza2

AC Unit installed

Made a little progress this weekend on the AC. Finished shimming up the brace so the roof section for the AC is higher do help with water drainage away from the AC unit. Also ran the flexible electrical conduit above the ceiling and installed 12 gauge wire to the WFCO Charger convertor. Bought a 30AMP 125 Volt RV shore power plug to mount on the Driver side of the trailer to meet National Electrical Code, and RV park standards. I will remove the military plug off the front once I run the wires to the lights over to the WFCO circuit breaker panel.

Installed the AC unit and lower control assembly. Hopefully get some time after work this week to do some more of the wiring for the water pump, and a few other electrical circuits. Here are a few photos of the AC (Dometic 13,500 with heat option) PPL motorhomes in Houston Texas had a great deal on these AC units recently. Have to also start on the ceiling covering soon.

20140823_105346.jpg20140823_121500.jpg20140824_100408.jpg20140824_150034.jpg20140824_150117.jpg20140824_150143.jpg

Last edited:

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
agazza2, did you mean a 30 amp plug and power cord? That is the standard RV power cord. You can go with a 50 amp RV plug if you want to put in a washer and dryer! You can get adapters to go from the 30 amp plug to a standard 15/20 120 volt plug.

agazza2

agazza2, did you mean a 30 amp plug and power cord? That is the standard RV power cord. You can go with a 50 amp RV plug if you want to put in a washer and dryer! You can get adapters to go from the 30 amp plug to a standard 15/20 120 volt plug.
Ray, I was think 30 amp when I typed it, but did not make sure that is what I typed. Thanks. I have edited the original post with the correct info. I have already made the adapter for the front military plug, and now will just change out the end to the correct 30amp 125 female end.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks