• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

rustystud

No lions tigers or bears, but I did rollover the odometer on my M1009 which isn't a really big deal but I did manage to do as I pulled into the parking structure at work so I could record the event.View attachment 783357
I remember when I was young and the family car ( a 1951 Buick) rolled over the Odometer. My dad stopped the car and we had a small celebration on the side of the road ! Back then it was something to have your car go over 100,000 miles and still be running ! Now no one thinks twice about it.

Another Ahab

No lions tigers or bears, but I did rollover the odometer on my M1009 which isn't a really big deal but I did manage to do as I pulled into the parking structure at work so I could record the event.View attachment 783357
I remember when I was young and the family car ( a 1951 Buick) rolled over the Odometer. My dad stopped the car and we had a small celebration on the side of the road ! Back then it was something to have your car go over 100,000 miles and still be running ! Now no one thinks twice about it.
That's a hoot, rustystud!!

College winter break in the late 70's driving with a hockey buddy in his muscle Camaro to Killington VT for some skiing:

- His Odometer rolls over, he pulls off the road and we stop for a 5 minute celebration outside his car in the cold

He had champagne in his glove box (a mini-bottle), anticipating the moment!

A1.jpg

Last edited:

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up the M1008 from Hillbilly Wizard yesterday.

The changed out a multitude of drive line parts that needed replacing. Also changed the front and rear differentials to 4:11. The truck runs much better at highway speeds now.

John and his crew are great to work with, they took care of everything that needed done at a reasonable price.

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M1031 with hay bed recently rolled over odometer too and I put 90,000 miles of those on it! Also have a 1980 C20 Chevy that has rolled over the odometer 5 times!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yesterday I pushed smokey harder than he's ever been pushed. Don't try this at home. That's a R100D with a VP100. I was probably close to 26K or more.

78341375_2751784338177068_1512650124025659392_o.jpg

Miah

After more than a couple years of inactivity i finally got the funds gathered and a replacement M1009 purchased today. Got it home just before sunset, so any pics will have to wait until tomorrow when i start going over what it needs & what new parts i can pull off my old blazer.

Chaski

I installed new brake hoses.
The old ones were a little over 6 years old. New ones are a "heavier duty" version of the Crown ones resold by Offroad Designs. Hopefully the jacket over the stainless braid on the new ones holds up a little better.

IMG_0511.jpg