• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Storage Container Shelf Bracket Source?

1800 Diesel

Probably off-topic but does anyone know a source for the steel shelf brackets that are found with the Cadillac (~9x7) storage containers? I don't have a photo available yet but the brackets are roughly 2" x 2" "double sided" and they slip into the vertical channels at the corners & center of the container walls. The channels that support the brackets have two rows of vertical slots & they are roughly 1" wide. The 3/4" plywood shelves are then placed on top of these brackets, (once the brackets are locked in place & leveled).

Thanks in advance for any info--have tried the google search route with no images coming up that match. Also since I don't have a TM for this item, I can't come up with an NSN for the brackets.

Kevin

1800 Diesel

If it is the same as the fiberglass mobility containers , try ss member
48cj2a

If you're talking about the Willard type FG container shelf brackets, these have spring-loaded pins that engage into vertical rows of holes to adjust shelf height. The ones I need are stamped & pressed steel with no moving parts--they slip into a double row of slots cut into the vertical channels riveted to the container's walls. Guess I better locate one of them so I can get a photo uploaded...

BTW, there's a good chance I'll be in your area over Thanksgiving...maybe we can go get a po-boy at Danny & Clyde's...after that head down to Cafe du Monde for beignets... :)

Thanks,

Kevin

Edited as marked in italics & underlined...

Last edited:

glassk

If you're talking about the Willard type FG container shelf brackets, these have spring-loaded pins that engage into vertical rows of holes to adjust shelf height. The ones I need a stamped & presses steel with no moving parts--they slip into a double row of slots cut into the vertical channels riveted to the container's walls. Guess I better locate one of them so I can get a photo uploaded...

BTW, there's a good chance I'll be in your area over Thanksgiving...maybe we can go get a po-boy at Danny & Clyde's...after that head down to Cafe du Monde for beignets... :)

Thanks,

Kevin
bracketa.jpg
48cja2 sent me some of these, although not for the Caddy lac's ,,,lol

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Thanks,

Kevin

I would be glad to meet you! Pm sent with my info.

EdwardThirlwall

I think shelf brackets for storage containers need to be a little bit sturdier. You may want to just gauge the height of the storage unit first so that you can get a better idea of how many you're really going to need in there. Obviously because the whole thing's gonna be on the move a fair bit, you may want to get something that locks down a lot better too.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter