• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Storage Container Shelf Bracket Source?

1800 Diesel

Probably off-topic but does anyone know a source for the steel shelf brackets that are found with the Cadillac (~9x7) storage containers? I don't have a photo available yet but the brackets are roughly 2" x 2" "double sided" and they slip into the vertical channels at the corners & center of the container walls. The channels that support the brackets have two rows of vertical slots & they are roughly 1" wide. The 3/4" plywood shelves are then placed on top of these brackets, (once the brackets are locked in place & leveled).

Thanks in advance for any info--have tried the google search route with no images coming up that match. Also since I don't have a TM for this item, I can't come up with an NSN for the brackets.

Kevin

1800 Diesel

If it is the same as the fiberglass mobility containers , try ss member
48cj2a

If you're talking about the Willard type FG container shelf brackets, these have spring-loaded pins that engage into vertical rows of holes to adjust shelf height. The ones I need are stamped & pressed steel with no moving parts--they slip into a double row of slots cut into the vertical channels riveted to the container's walls. Guess I better locate one of them so I can get a photo uploaded...

BTW, there's a good chance I'll be in your area over Thanksgiving...maybe we can go get a po-boy at Danny & Clyde's...after that head down to Cafe du Monde for beignets... :)

Thanks,

Kevin

Edited as marked in italics & underlined...

Last edited:

glassk

If you're talking about the Willard type FG container shelf brackets, these have spring-loaded pins that engage into vertical rows of holes to adjust shelf height. The ones I need a stamped & presses steel with no moving parts--they slip into a double row of slots cut into the vertical channels riveted to the container's walls. Guess I better locate one of them so I can get a photo uploaded...

BTW, there's a good chance I'll be in your area over Thanksgiving...maybe we can go get a po-boy at Danny & Clyde's...after that head down to Cafe du Monde for beignets... :)

Thanks,

Kevin
bracketa.jpg
48cja2 sent me some of these, although not for the Caddy lac's ,,,lol

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Thanks,

Kevin

I would be glad to meet you! Pm sent with my info.

EdwardThirlwall

I think shelf brackets for storage containers need to be a little bit sturdier. You may want to just gauge the height of the storage unit first so that you can get a better idea of how many you're really going to need in there. Obviously because the whole thing's gonna be on the move a fair bit, you may want to get something that locks down a lot better too.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks