• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cruise Control

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How many miles a year do you think you will drive your truck and how many do you think you would use C/C on?

Gunzy

The throttle control can be used as a poor mans C/C. My engine is governed, so on the highway just pull it out and cruise.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Isn't that what the throttle cable on the dash is for? :naner:

Edit: too slow for my joke. *The throttle cable shouldn't be used for cruise control.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the TM, HAND THROTTLE CONTROL
– Used to set engine speed without applying

pressure to the accelerator (rotated to lock).

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
From the TM, HAND THROTTLE CONTROL
– Used to set engine speed without applying

pressure to the accelerator (rotated to lock).
I'm sure that's also meant to prevent wet stacking, set a faster idle for warm up, or to run PTO powered devices.

phat6

Sheesh.

I am relatively new to the board, but have already been able to discern there is no shortage of people on the board to tell me I am crazy and that I do not really want what I want. Have already encountered a few: why would you want to pay $60 for drop-in, lockable door handles when you could modify a set yourself? Because having drop-in handles and saving the time is worth more to me than the $40. Why would anyone want to go out to eat at a restuarant when you could make your own meals at home? Why would you want cruise control? Wait, wait, why would you buy an M925A2 in the first place--that's totally illogical? Because I can, I wanted to have one, and I could afford to acquire one. I appreciate the differing perspectives and everyone sharing theirs, but yes, I actually want cruise control in my M925A2. Why? Because I can, I want to have it, and I can afford to do it. Has anyone else put in cruise control?

There are also lot's of helpful folks out here, and that is awesome. That's what boards are all about. Liking it all, "good" and "bad". No hard feelings.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why would you ask a question on a forum with over 40000 members and expect a simple answer to your question without drawing curiosity? (because you can't)

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For what its worth, my comments were lighthearted in nature. I started with a joke. I was playing devil's advocate for DH. :doghead:

phat6

Why would you ask a question on a forum with over 40000 members and expect a simple answer to your question without drawing curiosity? (because you can't)
Roger. Well put.

Not really sure how many miles a year I will put on it, but can imagine doing some trips of a few hundred miles at a time, on which cruise control would be nice to have.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't recall any members ever posting that they have installed C/C.

quickfarms

Roger. Well put.

Not really sure how many miles a year I will put on it, but can imagine doing some trips of a few hundred miles at a time, on which cruise control would be nice to have.
That is true, and I thought the same thing, but the reality is most of my trips are less than a 100 miles round trip and the CC would be useless. It would be nice for 350 mile run up north but I have not even tried to figure out hot to install it.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Take it as you wish but I think installing cruise control in one of these trucks is plain stupidity. You want to drive it you need to pay attention behind the wheel and not let some gadget drive for you.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are correct. It just so happens that the m939 trucks are large but nothing close to modern.
Well. It's very modern to me. Owning mostly 40s stuff. Anyway I will rephrase. Most commercial vehicles designed and built in the mid 80's and after have cruise control.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I installed a verier throttle cable for my "poor man's" CC. If I need to turn it off, you just mash the control back to "0"(in emergency). Otherwise it works much better than the "throttle control". I found using the stock setup is either one click too much or one click not enough. I have a bunch(of the cables) if you would be interested in trying one out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks