• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton, NC rally set for April 11-13, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Just got home to find my daughters Jeep sitting in the driveway with the right front wheel broke off and the right side smashed in. someone ran her off the road yesterday! They didn't tell me because they didn't want me to worry. She is ok but the jeep gona need some love! Had a great time and thanks for the food from the MKT because some one left the full propane tank at the house! :oops: Thanks everyone!

wilfreeman

It turned out to be a pretty good rally. The weather was beautiful. The turnout was better this year, but still a little disappointing. I want to thank everyone that showed up for the event - with or without a vehicle. We had a great time - perhaps a little too good a few times! The public started showing up Friday morning, with the majority showing on Saturday - we even had a few show up on Sunday as we were packing up getting ready to leave! The count turned out to be around 35 vehicles and 11 trailers (plus or minus - I counted on Saturday around lunch and there were a couple that showed after that, so I tried to include everyone). I talked with Bob Jeffereys yesterday. He said that the first year he lost $900, second year $600, and so far $300 this year. He said they are planning on doing it again next year so that he could at least break even ONE TIME! He said that he didn't know how long that he and Jim Henry would keep sponsoring this event while continuing to lose money. I hope that they will continue to do it because there really isn't any other events in this area to attend (the closest for me is a 4hr drive to the GA rally - this one is 2 hrs away). I guess I will continue to promote it as long as I have the time.

Thanks again guys (and Gals!) for coming - we will see most of you again in Georgia, the rest we will see again next year (Rich and Cabell)!

IMG_20140411_193832126.jpgIMG_20140411_193652564_HDR.jpgIMG_20140411_193614743_HDR.jpgIMG_20140411_193448840_HDR.jpgIMG_20140411_193316873_HDR.jpgIMG_20140411_193147445.jpg1397155841522.jpg

Attachments

ATPTac

I had a great time! Great company, great food, great camp fires, and absolutely spectacular weather. What more could you as for? It was good to meet a lot of people finally. I look forward to next year! In the mean time, I'm looking forward to seeing everybody again at the GA rally.

I have a handful of pictures I took, I'll get them uploaded to the computer and post them up later. I'm extremely tired... 2 nights of 5ish hours of sleep and lots of beer wore me out.

CGarbee

I'll post some photos when I get the taxes done... :)
I had a great time and truly appreciate that help with the MKT. Nothing beats having some folks volunteer for KP duty and to help pack the unit up when all is done.

I've found that it takes about five years for an event to show a profit, or to catch on...at least, that's been the experience that I've had and the feedback from other venues (and groups including bluegrass festivals, car shows, fishing/boat/hunting expos...). Hopefully, the folks putting this event on can hang on long enough for it to become profitable for them so that we can enjoy it for for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks