• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton, NC rally set for April 11-13, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilfreeman

I'm toying with coming up Friday night, I still need to convince the wife though... We're definitely coming up Saturday morning. I'll probably be bringing a few odds and ends to see if anything sells. I'm getting excited! :beer:
Load up and roll on Man! Leave after work and get there for supper.

Planning on rolling outta here sometime between 1200 and 1330.
Since most people are going to be there mid afternoon, we decided to leave around 11 - should still be there around 1-1:30 if no problems. That will give me a little time to relax this morning and stop by Walmart for snacks and a few "starter" beers.

CGarbee

Just leaving the office (hard to leave on time when the boss' boss' boss is the one asking you questions...).
Still have to go home and get the MKT and head toward Denton...
Supper will be really late... :(

wilfreeman

Just leaving the office (hard to leave on time when the boss' boss' boss is the one asking you questions...).
Still have to go home and get the MKT and head toward Denton...
Supper will be really late... :(
Man, I'm glad everybody brought starter beers:D Get here safe man - we brought peanut butter and jelly!

Just what I needed!! The 920 cut off on me on the way to my house today, found a melted battery terminal (as in, melted lead in a puddle below the terminal), rigged it with vise grips to get it home (I was about 1/4 mile from home). I have started stripping the wiring harness that has the 'problem' wire, I have found many other wires that I am going to get rid of (they were not plugged into anything, or they were for sensors that I am going to replace with mechanical sensors). Not sure what time we will show up tomorrow but I am slightly less than an hour away (so a little more than an hour with all the gear shifting). I HATE doing wiring, but when I finally dig into it I can't help but start from scratch and try to do a neater job than what was there from the start...

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got to stop in for a couple hours. Hung out for a few. WillFreeman gave me a great tour of the park after we all got Michigan Dons tent set up. Wish I could gave stayed longer but not this year. That park was amazing! Next year! See you guys in Georgia later this year.

ATPTac

Man I really wish I had taken tomorrow off... I could be up there by the camp fire having a few cold ones. We're definitely going to be rolling up in civi vehicles unfortunately :(. Oh well, I'll see you guys Saturday!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I WAS going to be there. I was driving the cucv hyrailer and now I am dead in the water at mile marker 76 on I 77 in SC. Driving fine then no go, got off the road. Transmission must have gone. No park, reverse, or forward. I can hear something spinning when put in gear but no movement of the truck. I am getting ready to call my dad to bring a trailer although Ii am not sure how we will load it I dont have a winch. I will see how my dad feels when he gets here, I might just come up drop off what I have and pick up my stuff and turn around. Crappy day...

Although as many miles as I have put on MVs this is my first major breakdown, so I guess I will look on that bright side.

wilfreeman

**** man - I hate you're broke down so far away. We were just talking about you yesterday wondering if you were coming. I hippie the recovery goes well! Let us know.

bigugh20

Well, I WAS going to be there. I was driving the cucv hyrailer and now I am dead in the water at mile marker 76 on I 77 in SC. Driving fine then no go, got off the road. Transmission must have gone. No park, reverse, or forward. I can hear something spinning when put in gear but no movement of the truck. I am getting ready to call my dad to bring a trailer although Ii am not sure how we will load it I dont have a winch. I will see how my dad feels when he gets here, I might just come up drop off what I have and pick up my stuff and turn around. Crappy day...

Although as many miles as I have put on MVs this is my first major breakdown, so I guess I will look on that bright side.
Sorry to hear of your break-down Adam, you guys could use ratchet straps or come-alongs to help get the truck loaded. I'm sure that your dad will come up with something, he's a pretty crafty guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks